BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > loud cracking sound at random times

08-23-2018, 02:57 AM   #1
oz800r
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

loud cracking sound at random times

I have had my late 17 build M2 LCI for a couple of months now and have had the s**t scared out of me 4 times now with a load bang that sounds almost exactly like a small rock hitting the windscreen. The first two times I was driving and actually pulled over assuming the worst but not a mark to be seen. The next two however have taken place whilst stationary in an underground carpark and the last today was reversing out of the driveway just after start up. It could be a fault with the sound system or the windscreen settling but it happens so quickly it is hard to tell. Anyone else having a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 02:42 AM   #2
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz800r View Post
I have had my late 17 build M2 LCI for a couple of months now and have had the s**t scared out of me 4 times now with a load bang that sounds almost exactly like a small rock hitting the windscreen. The first two times I was driving and actually pulled over assuming the worst but not a mark to be seen. The next two however have taken place whilst stationary in an underground carpark and the last today was reversing out of the driveway just after start up. It could be a fault with the sound system or the windscreen settling but it happens so quickly it is hard to tell. Anyone else having a similar experience?
Sounds like ASD issue? Try to code it off.
      08-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz800r View Post
I had the same exact thing happen with my 135i (no ASD). And just like you, sounded like a high speed rock hitting the windscreen, or the side of my vehicle. But no cracks, or dents were noted. It has also happened to me whilst moving and stationary.
Appreciate 0