BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls    What's with the lack of differential fluid

08-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
olderguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Drives M5, R8

What's with the lack of differential fluid

My 1200 mile service wasn't be completed yesterday because the dealership is out of differential fluid. Drove 40 miles to my appt. Miffed because I warned the scheduling agent about this happening. My warning didn't get to my assigned service rep. Why don't service reps know. They would if they read Bimmerpost. What is so special about this fluid?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
th3hitman316
Private
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red F90

Trust me you're not alone went in at 1200 miles on a friday they only did the oil change they said come back monday they'll have the oils for the diffs, they only did the front and removed the service light, now im being told that they're out of fluids for the rear and will call me when they have.... my cars at 1600 miles now and im leaving for a month, and no other dealer has it at all so im like WTF.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
sybaek9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
My 1200 mile service wasn't be completed yesterday because the dealership is out of differential fluid. Drove 40 miles to my appt. Miffed because I warned the scheduling agent about this happening. My warning didn't get to my assigned service rep. Why don't service reps know. They would if they read Bimmerpost. What is so special about this fluid?
Poor communication between parts and service advisors. Also, the fluid has been in shortage in the US (at least few months back)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 Bluestone M5

I'm about due for my 1200 service, and don't want to make more than one trip, because they don't have the fluids in stock.

Have any of you needing service, heard back from dealers regarding their ability to do so now?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 Bluestone M5

I just heard back from the Genius at my dealership, and he assured me they had 2 btls. G2 and 6 btls. G4 on hand. So, now I just have to knock-out those last 300 miles.

Last edited by TheRealBob; 08-27-2018 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
olderguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Drives M5, R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBob View Post
I'm about due for my 1200 service, and don't want to make more than one trip, because they don't have the fluids in stock.

Have any of you needing service, heard back from dealers regarding their ability to do so now?
Two dealership have promised me they will be able to perform service this Thursday. A third dealership told me they could get the fluid in in three days if they ordered 12 qts. I also confirmed that they change both front and rear.
Appreciate 0