BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Discount off MSRP

I have an offer of 3k off MSRP of 71k for an early build. Anybody have any comments on whether or not that’s a good deal?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
sicce123
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
I have an offer of 3k off MSRP of 71k for an early build. Anybody have any comments on whether or not that’s a good deal?
I also received a similar deal of $3.7K off MSRP plus $1K in incentives, too low for me, I will wait until next year to make my purchase.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Whether or not $3K off MSRP is a good deal or not is going to depend on a few things associated with the relationship between you and your dealership.

For me, I received a bit more off of MSRP, but have purchased several vehicles from this dealership over the past few years. Also, ensure that you are using a dealership who are favorable to making a deal and building a longer term relationship with you.

Please note that I've purchased BMWs exclusively for the past 15-18 years, so the relationship with BMWNA and BMW financial and dealerships is pretty strong at this point.

New models are far less likely to have movement due to the fact that they will sell regardless of price for at least the first 6-8 months.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicce123 View Post
I also received a similar deal of $3.7K off MSRP plus $1K in incentives, too low for me, I will wait until next year to make my purchase.
Thanks, sicce 123, that’s the kind of information I was looking for. I am now up to a $3500 discount before incentives, so you helped me. Did you look into the leather credit on the pricing guide?

Last edited by ******; 08-15-2018 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Whether or not $3K off MSRP is a good deal or not is going to depend on a few things associated with the relationship between you and your dealership.

For me, I received a bit more off of MSRP, but have purchased several vehicles from this dealership over the past few years. Also, ensure that you are using a dealership who are favorable to making a deal and building a longer term relationship with you.

Please note that I've purchased BMWs exclusively for the past 15-18 years, so the relationship with BMWNA and BMW financial and dealerships is pretty strong at this point.

New models are far less likely to have movement due to the fact that they will sell regardless of price for at least the first 6-8 months.
Thanks for all the history of your relationships, but I really didn’t ask for or need your tutorial on dealership abc’s. I’ve been buying BMW’s longer than you have and simply asked for feedback on the current climate out there for discounting the G05, since it’s an unknown at this time, at least to me. You said you got a bit more off on yours but didn’t bother to tell me how much, so, to be honest, your post seemed more condescending and self serving than an attempt to be helpful.

Last edited by ******; 08-15-2018 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 3
      08-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for all the history of your relationships, but I really didn't ask for or need your tutorial on dealership abc's. I've been buying BMW's longer than you have and simply asked for feedback on the current climate out there for discounting the G05, since it's an unknown at this time, at least to me. You said you got a bit more off on yours but didn't bother to tell me how much, so, to be honest, your post seemed more condescending and self serving than an attempt to be helpful.
Ok, so you've decided to be a jerk about it, but I did not condescend to you in that previous post, but this one isn't ambiguous at all.

If you can't understand that a dealership is in the business to make money, so if they aren't making much/any off of you as a customer, then that means you have no value to them, then we can just call this a limitation to your business acumen; maybe you're a social worker?

However, my point being that due to the relationship and steady amount of quality business and referrals I have delivered to my dealership, leads that dealership to give me better deals when I make purchases/leases.

So, my "discount" was at invoice + $2K loyalty off an MSRP of just over $79K.

Happy?

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 Tahoe, 22 R1S, 23 Z07

Everything depends on competition. In MN, with two dealers, on a new car, 3-5% would be normal. In MD, lots more dealers, seems like 7-10% off is normal.
Now, on a brand new car, really depends on allocations and a dealers appetite on new car discount, I feel like reviews are good so why go out low. I’d think 2000-5000 off is realistic for most people.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so you've decided to be a jerk about it, but I did not condescend to you in that previous post, but this one isn't ambiguous at all.

If you can't understand that a dealership is in the business to make money, so if they aren't making much/any off of you as a customer, then that means you have no value to them, then we can just call this a limitation to your business acumen; maybe you're a social worker?

However, my point being that due to the relationship and steady amount of quality business and referrals I have delivered to my dealership, leads that dealership to give me better deals when I make purchases/leases.

So, my "discount" was at invoice + $2K loyalty off an MSRP of just over $79K.

Happy?
You’re obviously the one with absolutely no business acumen, and I don’t think there’s any doubt which one of us is the jerk, and it ain’t me, bub. You went straight to name calling which is exactly what I knew you would do. You’re the arrogant, pompous BMW owner that gives the rest of us a bad image. I don’t know who you think you are, but your sycophantic attitude toward your dealer marks you as someone obviously looking for validation of your worth that you basically have to buy. That’s your problem, not mine. I don’t need that and I certainly don’t need your naive lectures. I’m not worried about the dealers, they will not sell to me at a loss, I’m not sure what you don’t get about that. Every one I’ve ever dealt with understands and expects that we both will try to make the best deal we can. That’s what business is about, jerk. Oh, and now that I’ve had a couple of days to shop around, I have found a lot better deal than your “loyalty” has bought you.

Last edited by ******; 08-15-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
Everything depends on competition. In MN, with two dealers, on a new car, 3-5% would be normal. In MD, lots more dealers, seems like 7-10% off is normal.
Now, on a brand new car, really depends on allocations and a dealers appetite on new car discount, I feel like reviews are good so why go out low. I’d think 2000-5000 off is realistic for most people.
It does depend on competition, true. I guess I don’t get why nobody is talking prices, since we’ve done that on these threads over the years. I live ten miles from where these things are made so a pickup at the performance center is easy and means I can order from anyone in the country. Just trying to do my homework on what’s what. Not going that well.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #10
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
You’re obviously the one with absolutely no business acumen, and I don’t think there’s any doubt which one of us is the jerk, and it ain’t me, bub. You went straight to name calling which is exactly what I knew you would do. You’re the arrogant, pompous BMW owner that gives the rest of us a bad image. I don’t know who you think you are, but your sycophantic attitude toward your dealer marks you as someone obviously looking for validation of your worth that you basically have to buy. That’s your problem, not mine. I don’t need that and I certainly don’t need your naive lectures. I’m not worried about the dealers, they will not sell to me at a loss, I’m not sure what you don’t get about that. Every one I’ve ever dealt with understands and expects that we both will try to make the best deal we can. That’s what business is about, jerk. Oh, and now that I’ve had a couple of days to shop around, I have found a lot better deal than your “loyalty” has bought you.
Sorry man, gonna have to side with RollTide here even though he's an Alabama fan (Go Tigers.. Clemson). I didn't see any name calling on his part in the first post.

In my opinion, it's going to be a matter of what kind of relationship you have with your CA and what kind of deal you can make. I don't think their will be a standard drop from MSRP on this so maybe you will end up being the trailblazer on this deal with what you might be able to get from the dealer. I'm from Anderson area so I'm assuming Century BMW?
Appreciate 2
sygazelle11113.50
      08-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #11
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neliconcept View Post
Sorry man, gonna have to side with RollTide here even though he's an Alabama fan (Go Tigers.. Clemson). I didn't see any name calling on his part in the first post.

In my opinion, it's going to be a matter of what kind of relationship you have with your CA and what kind of deal you can make. I don't think their will be a standard drop from MSRP on this so maybe you will end up being the trailblazer on this deal with what you might be able to get from the dealer. I'm from Anderson area so I'm assuming Century BMW?
Maybe I just didn’t name the thread correctly. I was looking for the best deal I can get and was hoping to get responses telling me where somebody got a great deal. I couldn’t care less who the dealer is, I’m a free agent when it comes to that, and I don’t buy into the dealer loyalty concept. Dealers look out for themselves and so do I. Maybe I should have led with that. If my local dealer was competitive, maybe I’d buy from him but he isn’t so I don’t. Anyway, I think I’m fairly satisfied with the offer I have currently, and expect to be placing an order tomorrow. Oh, and yes, go Tigers! (You don’t consider “jerk” and “social worker” to be tossing names?) Don’t answer, not important.
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2018, 07:15 AM   #12
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
It does depend on competition, true. I guess I don’t get why nobody is talking prices, since we’ve done that on these threads over the years. I live ten miles from where these things are made so a pickup at the performance center is easy and means I can order from anyone in the country. Just trying to do my homework on what’s what. Not going that well.
That's a good idea to order from anywhere and pick up in Spartenburg. I'm not far from Spartenburg, so I was going to do the pickup route anyway. I'm curious how you would order from a dealership remotely since the online configurator isn't running yet. Would you just email their internet sales dept with your build and ask for a quote?
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #13
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicce123 View Post
Which dealership gave you that quote? United BMW in Alpharetta?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 07:41 AM   #14
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
That's a good idea to order from anywhere and pick up in Spartenburg. I'm not far from Spartenburg, so I was going to do the pickup route anyway. I'm curious how you would order from a dealership remotely since the online configurator isn't running yet. Would you just email their internet sales dept with your build and ask for a quote?
The pricing guide is available on this forum, which you probably know, so I detailed out my build on notepad for emailing, and then just called around to see who was enthusiastic about dealing. I could pretty well tell by talking who was and who wasn’t. Some dealers are close to the vest with their numbers and others aren’t. There are those who start off with the standard spiel about how this is a new model and will be in high demand and we won’t be discounting much, and there are others who are not as coy and will let you know right off they’re ready to deal. I found one I like who gave me what I think is a reasonable deal. I might be able to get a couple hundred more off if I kept shopping, but this is a reasonable deal and I’m ok with that. Here’s the link for the pricing guide. (I hope it’s a link, you may have to copy and paste it, but it’s on the main page at this forum)
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1512761
Appreciate 2
VTENGR1043.50
      08-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #15
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The pricing guide is available on this forum, which you probably know, so I detailed out my build on notepad for emailing, and then just called around to see who was enthusiastic about dealing. I could pretty well tell by talking who was and who wasn’t. Some dealers are close to the vest with their numbers and others aren’t. There are those who start off with the standard spiel about how this is a new model and will be in high demand and we won’t be discounting much, and there are others who are not as coy and will let you know right off they’re ready to deal. I found one I like who gave me what I think is a reasonable deal. I might be able to get a couple hundred more off if I kept shopping, but this is a reasonable deal and I’m ok with that. Here’s the link for the pricing guide. (I hope it’s a link, you may have to copy and paste it, but it’s on the main page at this forum)
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1512761
Thanks, I appreciate your reply!
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #16
darksilkx1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monthly Payment

Quote:
Thanks for all the history of your relationships, but I really didn’t ask for or need your tutorial on dealership abc’s. I’ve been buying BMW’s longer than you have and simply asked for feedback on the current climate out there for discounting the G05, since it’s an unknown at this time, at least to me. You said you got a bit more off on yours but didn’t bother to tell me how much, so, to be honest, your post seemed more condescending and self serving than an attempt to be helpful.
Not that my opinion matters but everything I read suggested a genuine desire to be helpful on Tide's part. Be honest is this about Nick Saban?
      08-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #17
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilkx1 View Post
Not that my opinion matters but everything I read suggested a genuine desire to be helpful on Tide's part. Be honest is this about Nick Saban?
Nah, I actually like Saban. My high school football team beat his team for the AA state championship in WV. Nick was his team’s QB so I claim reflected glory on that one.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #18
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I’d share if I priced one waiting for the new V8 in 2020MY or i6 X7.

The problem with pricing forums are the braggers share their big discounts that 99% of people can’t get, diplomat pricing, executive pricing, etc. also time of year affects things greatly.
IMO, in generalities, what you read is not a true representation and thus know one will say they only got a $3,000 discount, even though that’s good for the area.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #19
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Remember on early builds BMW is giving a $1400 leather credit that will go away. My first offer in MN was $2500 off MSRP. The market will determine what happens, F15 discounts are crazy right now. We will also be learning if the G05 is "beta" or really ready in it's first year.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #20
ADGrant
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post
Remember on early builds BMW is giving a $1400 leather credit that will go away. My first offer in MN was $2500 off MSRP. The market will determine what happens, F15 discounts are crazy right now. We will also be learning if the G05 is "beta" or really ready in it's first year.
How crazy are F15 discounts right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #21
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Dealers in the Twin Cities are showing over $6K off without negotiating, so 10+% off MSRP is easily doable.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #22
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post
Dealers in the Twin Cities are showing over $6K off without negotiating, so 10+% off MSRP is easily doable.
Maryland has 50i and 30’s at 12% off sticker on the website. I think they’ll be a fire sale in October
Appreciate 0