THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Clutch Stop

08-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Clutch Stop

Just installed a $10 clutch stop from Burger Tuning in my '18 M240i 6spd. Had the same in my old '06 Z4M and loved it. Just took the car for a spin and found a difference for sure, shifts feeling a hair quicker. Might just be how I roll on and off the clutch and throttle but for $10, I'm more than pleased!

FYI, for those going to do the same, took 30 seconds to do and I did take off one of the rubber spacers on the stop thinking all of them felt too thick and I think that was just about perfect.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #2
Lipper
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

I bought a second hand car that had the BMS clutch-stop already installed. I was having a little trouble shifting (I thought it was my 3rd gear synchro) but turned out to be the clutch-stop. Mine had all of the spacers on and it wasn't allowing the clutch to disengage fully. I took one out and it's perfect - much better than stock.

Just something to keep in mind if you get this.
BMS JB4 w/Bluetooth| Wagner Competition IC | Wagner DP | Evolution Raceworks IC Pipes | Dynan CAI | BMS Catch-Can | Active Autowerks Axle-Back | ECS 2-Piece Rotors/Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads | Full MP Carbon/Alcantara Trim | M-Performance Alcantara/LED Steering Wheel
Appreciate 1
WillOs7.00
      08-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipper View Post
I bought a second hand car that had the BMS clutch-stop already installed. I was having a little trouble shifting (I thought it was my 3rd gear synchro) but turned out to be the clutch-stop. Mine had all of the spacers on and it wasn't allowing the clutch to disengage fully. I took one out and it's perfect - much better than stock.

Just something to keep in mind if you get this.
Yup, thats what I found. I had a feeling all of the spacers were too much so I started with one less and found that to be perfect right out of the gate.
Appreciate 0