F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Powdercoating wheels in washington?
Studio RSR

08-07-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
DrEvil1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Powdercoating wheels in washington?

Live in tumwater Washington anyone know a good source for Powdercoating? Do I really have to be without my wheels for a couple weeks for this process ? How the heck can I get me wheels to a place without the car am I supposed to put my car up on blocks or something ?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Check out Seattle Powdercoat in Ballard.

They do great work and I found them to be cheaper than many others I inquired with. They do all the prep-work (media blasting) so the heaps of hours I took to strip the wheels was completely unnecessary.

I was scheduled a couple weeks out and only took 2 days after I dropped them off. They have a large assortment of colors in stock but you can order pretty much anything from the various powder coating suppliers they use.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
DrEvil1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
Check out Seattle Powdercoat in Ballard.

They do great work and I found them to be cheaper than many others I inquired with. They do all the prep-work (media blasting) so the heaps of hours I took to strip the wheels was completely unnecessary.

I was scheduled a couple weeks out and only took 2 days after I dropped them off. They have a large assortment of colors in stock but you can order pretty much anything from the various powder coating suppliers they use.
Thanks! But is it possible to just drop the car off and let them take care of everything ?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaBC View Post

Thanks! But is it possible to just drop the car off and let them take care of everything ?
No. They are a powder coating company, not a auto garage/shop. You'd have to take your car to a shop like Achtuning or 425 Motorsports that I imagine would be happy to do the work for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
DrEvil1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
No. They are a powder coating company, not a auto garage/shop. You'd have to take your car to a shop like Achtuning or 425 Motorsports that I imagine would be happy to do the work for you.
That’s great thanks for the suggestions!
Appreciate 0