F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alpine retrofit F32
GetBMWParts

07-28-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
Welsh springer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 LCI

Alpine retrofit F32

Hi guys
Need some help,I have a problem with my F32 2017 , I retrofitted the Alpine hifi over a year ago and had no problems until recently.

When the parking sensors kick in it mutes the radio ( all speakers - no sound except for some faint bass) but once the object is cleared the sound does not return to normal volume. only when the car has been powered down for a short while will it reset to normal.

Local dealer is being a little difficult over the diagnosis because the retrofit was not fitted by them, I am now trying to prove if the head unit is faulty or the Alpine .

Anyone got any advice or wiring diagrams showing the outputs from the head unit to the alpine including expected voltages.

Have anyone experienced a similar issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Any fault codes?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 04:47 AM   #3
Welsh springer
Private First Class
Rep

vehicle notification on idrive doesn,t report any faults.

dealer said there two faults logged one by the the head unit and one by the emergency beacon.

dealer said they would reprogram the car to see if the faults re appear. they would not elabrate any further on the codes?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Has the reprogramming resolved it?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 12:15 AM   #5
Welsh springer
Private First Class
Rep

No still happening
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

I suspect the PDC module. If you can enjoy music normally but the PDC causes this problem then fingers should point toward that. It sounds like it does not deactivate fully after parking.

In the meanwhile it would help to rule out the amplifier. Disconnect it and go back to standard if you can - my understanding is it is a harness that connects. Do that first if you can. See if it still happens. If it does then it is not the amplifier.

If it does not then it is likely to be the amplifier. See if you can swap it with someone else who has Alpine to rule it out if you can to make sure or ask BMW to replace it if it is under warranty. The warranty is one year if it fitted by a non approved garage and 2 years if fitted by BMW.

Try your luck with a different dealer if you can. Say you had an update but they are at a loss.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Welsh springer
Private First Class
Rep

stereo.pdc fault

hi
update so far, switched off automatic pdc activation in the idrive and the stereo works fine with no front pdc active. Rear pdc still functioning in conjunction with stereo.

To disconnect the alpine unit will necessaire the swapping the speaker wires over in the foot well panels by the doors, right pain in the arse.

If I disconnect at the head unit will lose sound because the original wiring is disconnected there.

If I do not any success from the dealer I can resort to returning the car to standard about 3 hours work , all connections are plug and play , only need to reconnect the original speaker wires in both foot wells
Appreciate 0