BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications BMW Fxx/Gxx B58 OBD Flashing is now supported by mFlasher

Closed Thread

07-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
BMW Fxx/Gxx B58 OBD Flashing is now supported by mFlasher

We are happy to announce that after months of improving OBD flashing capability of our in-house tool, mFlasher, we are ready to publicly release this option for all of our customers. We had ability to flash the MG1 computers over OBD since later 2017, but initial flash took a long time, upwards of 1 hour, making it a non-viable solution for "Do It At Home" customers. Now, after countless hours of development, burnt computers and a lot of coffee, we can perform initial unlock on ALL MG1 computers within 5 minutes. After the initial unlock, all subsequent flashes take only 1 minute.

Another reason we had to delay the tool release was due to the fact that California smog systems were getting early 2018 updates that resulted in any modified computer to fail smog. That was a major setback, so we had to go back to drawing board and postpone the release until a solution could be found. Now, with our latest mFlasher release, this is no longer an issue.

We will have dyno graphs posted very soon for all of you, but expect G30 to receive very similar treatment as did the F10 family. Full burnout mode, burble, safe levels of torque, sport gauge calibration, map sensor upgrades and so on. The modified file will be undetectable by BMW, thanks to our mBoot option and its ability to freeze the Flash Counter in time.

For all of you Apple users out there. We realize that mFlasher has been a hard tool for you to use since it requires an actual windows laptop. This for sure has caused some un-needed hustle trying to get one just to flash your car. This is why we are in finishing stages of releasing our iOS app for iPhone. During initial release, this app will allow flashing your vehicles right from your iPhone. With the following updates, you will be able to datalog, diagnose and perform many more cool functions right from your phone.

Some quick videos of the tool in action (sorry for grainy quality):
Initial Unlock:

Flash Tune (after ecu is unlocked):

Perform full restore and re-lock the computer:
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Dope! Any power figures?
Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
chabster
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i RWD

No interest for G30 owners? Only F3X?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
ArmGrg
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 535xi, 2018 BMW 540xi

It is interesting, but any tuners will have good and stable tune for it?

Oops, it is actually tuner...

Last edited by ArmGrg; 07-26-2018 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: Didn't know this is not just hardware, this is tuner.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Right now we are in a middle of B58 group buy event but we will have dynographs posted for M550i very soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
Short540
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Garage List
2019 BMW X50i  [0.00]
How much better is this than the Dinan stage 1
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #7
ArmGrg
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 535xi, 2018 BMW 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Right now we are in a middle of B58 group buy event but we will have dynographs posted for M550i very soon.
I actually have 2 question about your tune:
- Why your low RPM torque is so low, it's even lower than stock?
- Can you flash with tune from MPPSK?

First question is very important, it is very strange situation, IMHO something is fighting with your tune. I mean it looks like something like ignition angle retraction and/or extremely lean condition. Do you actually increasing fuel table? I had number of tunes in past from diff companies and this is first time when I see torque decrease in low RPM range compare to stock. Something is definitely wrong with your tune in my opinion if that is not done deliberately(if it is than why). I personally looking(next year, not right now) for increase in power/torque in low RPM side to 3-4k...
About tune from MPPSK my 540xi should handle this just fine without exhaust upgrade, because mid pipe on 540 is much bigger than 140 and 340 and rear muffler bigger as well. There should be not too much resistance at 540, MPPSK not changing mid pipe, only muffler to create this sound(which I don't like and this mostly why I didn't ordered it along with car)...

Last edited by ArmGrg; 08-16-2018 at 03:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #8
Roadkiller
Philosophiae Doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Any updates on the M550i work? How so do you think before it hits the market? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #9
chabster
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i RWD

Any updates?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread