BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Good News On My M5

07-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 Bluestone M5

Good News On My M5

I've been going crazy tracking my M5's seemingly slow progress. It spent over a week in Quality Check due to its Individual Tartufo, and then 6 days at the port awaiting a ship.

Now the good news - It departed the port on board the Orchid Ace and is heading directly to Brunswick, Ga., which is only about 4 hours from my dealer. The vessel carrying my F10 had to make 4 or 5 intermediate stops before reaching Brunswick, so really happy about this express route.

Bob

Last edited by TheRealBob; 07-12-2018 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Deleted the gif
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBob View Post
I've been going crazy tracking my M5's seemingly slow progress. It spent over a week in Quality Check due to its Individual Tartufo, and then 6 days at the port awaiting a ship.

Now the good news - It departed the port on board the Orchid Ace and is heading directly to Brunswick, Ga., which is only about 4 hours from my dealer. The vessel carrying my F10 had to make 4 or 5 intermediate stops before reaching Brunswick, so really happy about this express route.

Bob
What's the tartufo all about?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The Tartufo Full Merino was an individual option. The BMW rep. in Dingolfing said individual options can spend as much as 2 weeks in QC. I was afraid something had failed testing, but they assured me that wasn't the case.

I should add that because I had that individual option, I couldn't make a change to my trim choice, even though I was still status 111, and would be for about 3 more weeks. It was my impression you could make changes up until status 112. Anyway, it's history now. I'm just looking forward to finally getting the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Interesting, I have Tartufo as well and my car passed went from body shop to released to distribution in 3 days.

I assume that since Tartufo is part of the order guide and not a true "Individual Manufaktur" option that requires BMW approval, it shouldn't take any more time, but maybe they changed the process.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #5
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, interesting yours went through so much faster than mine. Since I'm not obligated to taking this car, I'll look it over very thoroughly before accepting it. If something was uncovered during the quality check, I'm hopeful they addressed it, and brought it up to spec.

How do you like the tartufo?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #6
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have a feeling the reason for my extended stay in Quality Check, was due to the fuel pump related issue, that pertained to all cars produced on or before 6/25. Mine was completed on 6/26, but remained in QC for a few days. With any luck it was updated with the new part at the factory.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #7
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
I have a feeling the reason for my extended stay in Quality Check, was due to the fuel pump related issue, that pertained to all cars produced on or before 6/25. Mine was completed on 6/26, but remained in QC for a few days. With any luck it was updated with the new part at the factory.
Sounds like a much more likely reason.

I love Tartufo -- didn't like the black stripe down the middle of the seat with the standard leather options and very glad I got the color combo without. I think it goes very well with the Dark Aluminium trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
The Tartufo Full Merino was an individual option. The BMW rep. in Dingolfing said individual options can spend as much as 2 weeks in QC. I was afraid something had failed testing, but they assured me that wasn't the case.

I should add that because I had that individual option, I couldn't make a change to my trim choice, even though I was still status 111, and would be for about 3 more weeks. It was my impression you could make changes up until status 112. Anyway, it's history now. I'm just looking forward to finally getting the car.
post a pic! A Tartufo, is an Italian dessert. I'm Italian and frequent Italy often, so the real deal is an ice cream ball of half chocolate / vanilla w/ nuts in the center and "cocoa powder" on the outside. In America, it differs w/ a hard chocolate shell and cherry in center.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 05:07 AM   #9
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
post a pic! A Tartufo, is an Italian dessert. I'm Italian and frequent Italy often, so the real deal is an ice cream ball of half chocolate / vanilla w/ nuts in the center and "cocoa powder" on the outside. In America, it differs w/ a hard chocolate shell and cherry in center.
Haha...This video will have to hold you until my car arrives in a couple weeks. I've been to Rome a couple times, but missed out on the tartufo. It sounds good.

Bob
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 05:44 AM   #10
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Haha...This video will have to hold you until my car arrives in a couple weeks. I've been to Rome a couple times, but missed out on the tartufo. It sounds good.

Bob
Wow, it's an amazing color. Bravo!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #11
Bluehinder
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
Sounds like a much more likely reason.

I love Tartufo -- didn't like the black stripe down the middle of the seat with the standard leather options and very glad I got the color combo without. I think it goes very well with the Dark Aluminium trim.
Completely agree, don't like the black stripe. I went with the same as you, Tartufo with dark trim.
2024 M4 Comp Convert
Appreciate 0