E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another V3 + O2 sims question

06-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Another V3 + O2 sims question

Well I just finished installing my V3. Went for some shake down runs and had a few questions.

1) As measured on my boost gauge, I was seeing a peak reading of about 16 psi. Im guessing this is pretty normal for a car with my mods (Catless DPs, IC, dual cones, catless exhaust, Tial BOV). What should be the max boost I see before the boost safety feature on the V3 kicks in?

2) Im running BMS O2 sims. No lights at all. My question is, does this unit interfere with any of the V3 systems or features? Like the lean run safety feature?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Well I just finished installing my V3. Went for some shake down runs and had a few questions.

1) As measured on my boost gauge, I was seeing a peak reading of about 16 psi. Im guessing this is pretty normal for a car with my mods (Catless DPs, IC, dual cones, catless exhaust, Tial BOV). What should be the max boost I see before the boost safety feature on the V3 kicks in?

2) Im running BMS O2 sims. No lights at all. My question is, does this unit interfere with any of the V3 systems or features? Like the lean run safety feature?
Overboost protection is set to 16.5psi measured in the intercooler tube. Or approx 16psi measured in the manifold (like your boost gauge). But it needs to be that high for over a second to trigger. So you are pretty close. Give the car some time to adapt. I suspect you're boost will come down to the 14-15psi range then.

For the current Doomsday version of the v3, leanrun protection has been disabled for the time beging since we no longer take an o2 signal in (which we did for the o2 sim). Currently testing another, potentially more accurate way, of doing it.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Overboost protection is set to 16.5psi measured in the intercooler tube. Or approx 16psi measured in the manifold (like your boost gauge). But it needs to be that high for over a second to trigger. So you are pretty close. Give the car some time to adapt. I suspect you're boost will come down to the 14-15psi range then.

For the current Doomsday version of the v3, leanrun protection has been disabled for the time beging since we no longer take an o2 signal in (which we did for the o2 sim). Currently testing another, potentially more accurate way, of doing it.

shiv
Thanks Shiv.

I must say, Ive been a critic for awhile. But so far Im very pleased and impressed. The car feels quicker and faster than with my JBX setup, power delivery has been very smooth, better than the JBX. Last time I dyno'd with that setup I was right at 365whp, so must be making a bit more than that. Next stop is the dyno.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Thanks Shiv.

I must say, Ive been a critic for awhile. But so far Im very pleased and impressed. The car feels quicker and faster than with my JBX setup, power delivery has been very smooth, better than the JBX. Last time I dyno'd with that setup I was right at 365whp, so must be making a bit more than that. Next stop is the dyno.
Glad your happy with the goods. I think, as time goes by, you'll see a lot more differences between your previous tune and v3. Also, feel free to give the new beta map/firmware a try when I post it next week. It's another step in the right direction.

cheers,
Shiv
Appreciate 0