BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications g30 530d xdrive modified, suspenion, bodykit, exhaust, remap

06-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
pow530xd
Registered
Rep
Drives: g30 530d xdrive touring Msport

g30 530d xdrive modified, suspenion, bodykit, exhaust, remap

Dear all,

I have recently purchased a G30 530d xdrive, touring M sport, with adaptive suspension. I am looking at tweaking the car to have a more aggressive look and feel. I will be breaking this section down into suspension, body kit, exhaust and remap. Thank you all in advance for all your help. I have a total budget of £6000 for the works below.

Suspension) I want to keep the standard dampeners so the adaptive suspension still works, and only change the springs. The reason why I want to change the springs is because I want the car so sit lower. I still want a comfortable ride. I don't want coilovers as this will remove the adaptive suspension from the car.

Exhaust) I would like a two twin exhausts from the rear. 1) to give in a more aggressive look (like the M3/5). 2) to give it a more deeper, slightly louder tone. I don't want it to sound too loud, I'm sadly not 17 anymore but more like an Aston Martin, so I was thinking of an exhaust with a valve but I'm open to suggestions.

Bodykit) I want to keep the Msport bumpers (mainly for cost) but add a front splitter, rear diffuser, spoiler and side skirts to give the car a more muscular/aggressive look. I want the finished car bodywork to look like it came from the factory and not a max power bolt on, if you know want I mean.

Remap) I have never remapped a car before, what do I need to look out for? and any good recommendations? Do I want to wait until I have the exhaust fitted before remapping?

If you want to ask any questions or need some more info to answer please ask. Thank you in once again.

Mark
Appreciate 1
JustChris17427.50
      08-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Hi Mark,

How is this going? Interested to see as the 5 is on my radar when changing. Do you PCP in the UK or is this aces you own? Assume you're considering ACS amongst others I'm sure.

Cheers