E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 201i 335i N55 CSF radiator and OEM oil cooler

06-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
azx33
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

201i 335i N55 CSF radiator and OEM oil cooler

I installed the CSF AL radiator and the OEM oil cooler and I am finding fitment is very tight. I realize the CSF is a thicker radiator, but I am wondering if my install is correct. Looking at the condenser and radiator fitment with intercooler installed everything appears tight with no room for outward movement. I have it all put together and working, but I have found with the CSF radiator and N54 oil cooler, (which I believe is the same for the N55), I cannot remove my E-fan w/o pulling the bumper cover and moving the front clip outwards 0.5" to allow clearance between the E-fan and oil cooler lines. When all assembled there are no interference issues, but I am concerned that every time I need to work on this I may have pull my bumper cover and loosen the 8 bolts holding the steel bumper to the car.

As a side note, when replacing my oil cooler housing I pulled the intake and noticed only mild carbon buildup on my valves. I was able to clean then w/o walnut blasting. I have 130K miles on this car. While I was in there I changed out the coils and plugs. After all put back together everything fires up fine.

Just need to understand if this clearance issue is a problem I introduced or the way it is with this new radiator. Thanks
Appreciate 0