BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Stoptech Sport Brake Pads experience on track

06-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Stoptech Sport Brake Pads experience on track

It was my 3rd track day this year last Sat.

I have Pagid RS-29 front and RS4-4 rear for the first 2 days.
Recently have purchased Stoptech Sport brake pads for street use as I knew my wife was not happy about the noise that any track pads make.

Swapped to Stoptech and ran 3 hours 1 day session break between every 6 laps.
And what a surprise. This thing held up very well. I am not comparing directly to Pagid but they are actually way better than I expected.
Not much fade. Not much of losing pressure feeling after.

Well, it was not really full day track so cannot really tell over-extended hours of use and abuse, but at least I can say they are more close to racing pads than street pads. Multiple times better than stock. Very surprised.
Cheaper in price. HOWEVER, I have not check the wear yet as I did not swap it back again to Pagids.

But at least for those back-road winding weekend fun use, this will do way f**king better than the stock.

Edit: and pad deposit on rotors were surprisingly small as well...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
M-Supra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
It was my 3rd track day this year last Sat.

I have Pagid RS-29 front and RS4-4 rear for the first 2 days.
Recently have purchased Stoptech Sport brake pads for street use as I knew my wife was not happy about the noise that any track pads make.

Swapped to Stoptech and ran 3 hours 1 day session break between every 6 laps.
And what a surprise. This thing held up very well. I am not comparing directly to Pagid but they are actually way better than I expected.
Not much fade. Not much of losing pressure feeling after.

Well, it was not really full day track so cannot really tell over-extended hours of use and abuse, but at least I can say they are more close to racing pads than street pads. Multiple times better than stock. Very surprised.
Cheaper in price. HOWEVER, I have not check the wear yet as I did not swap it back again to Pagids.

But at least for those back-road winding weekend fun use, this will do way f**king better than the stock.

Edit: and pad deposit on rotors were surprisingly small as well...
Great pads! I run these on my M2 and also run them on my E39 M5 2JZ beast with Brembo GT8 calipers, work great on the street...glad to hear they seem to last on track also
Appreciate 0