2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Passenger window rolls down on its own after being rolled up- How do I reset it?

05-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Passenger window rolls down on its own after being rolled up- How do I reset it?

Hi guys,

The passenger window in my 2010 530d rolls up fine, but once it hits the top of the travel, it will automatically roll back down about 1/4 of the way. I've done a bunch of searching on this and believe that the window simply needs to be reset to "know" where the proper top and bottom positions are. I've found various threads about how to do this, but none are specific to the F10 and the procedure I've found does not seem to work at all for me.

Does anyone know how to reset the electric windows on the F10?

I've tried this procedure, or a couple variations of it, with no luck:

1. Put key in, no need to start car.
2. Roll window all the way down, let go of button.
3. Hold window button DOWN for 20seconds. This resets the window in the down position. Now you must reset the window in the up position.
4. Roll window up. Do NOT panic if window doesn't go all the way up. Mine would only go up about 3inches. Then I would hold the up button again and it would only go up another 3inches or so. Keep doing this until the window is all the way in the up position as the window has not been reset in the up position yet. Let go of button.
5. Hold windown button UP for 20 seconds. This resets the window in the up position.
Appreciate 0