THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Unable to change startup animation

05-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
awg0020
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 Coupe

Unable to change startup animation

Hi guys,

I'm new here (just bought a '15 M235i last week), and am having an issue coding startup_emblem under HU_NBT. No matter what value I code it to, I always see the Connected Drive animation. This is the only option I've coded that hasn't worked as expected (and I've coded many off the F22 cheat sheet), so I don't believe it to be user error. The value is being saved correctly, because power-cycling and re-reading the ECU shows the expected variant value. The system seems to not respect the setting.

I'm wanting variant1 (M startup animation), but I've tried every variant just to see if I could get anything else working. Just the CD animation every time.

It's likely unrelated, but I also only see a startup animation only about 10% of the time, even when parked and locked overnight. I did see another thread on this issue.

Using Launcher Premium V2.6.2.124 with psdzdata F020_17_11_530.

Anyone else see this? Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by awg0020; 05-27-2018 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0