E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 Stalling issue/Even on stock file!!!

04-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
godspeed911
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i Spaceship Grey

N55 Stalling issue/Even on stock file!!!

Hello e90Posts, I am writing today in reference to my 2012 BMW 335i LCI n55.. The car is modded as follows: Intake, charge pipe, De-catted Downpipe, 7" FMIC,Stage 2 Fuel it pump, BMW performance exhaust..

Now that you have the background of the car, heres the trick. About two months ago I had BMW do warranty work, because my Evap system wasn't allowing gas to pump continuously without the constant click of the pump. They said there was a flap in my tank stuck open, therefore they warrantied my tank an put a new one in, A month down the road my car stalls out, I had my suspicions it was the HPFP failure do to long cranks an rough idle, long story short I de tuned the car an it started back up, tuned with MHD stock file... The car ran fine on the stock file for a week or so then it started stalling again.. Took it to bmw an they tell me its my LPFP, Which is false... Have the car towed from BMW, an the lpfp tested at my performance shop an the pump tests out fine, BMW still doesn't want to warranty my HPFP at this point so I took the hit an went ahead an bought an OEM one an had it installed... Now the car still stalls out, an I still get the same fault code 2BE9, I've already replaced my High Pressure Fuel Rail sensor as well.. At this point I'm stumped, the only other problem I could see it being, is the tech at BMW didn't align my vent line properly through the guided tunnel an upon positioning the new tank pitched my vent line, therefore I'm still haven the same fuel issue where I have to constantly pump gas then click, pump gas then click... I need an answer, nobody has one for me..

Fault code: 2BE9 Cylinder injection cutout; pressure to low in high pressure fuel system..

Any input or similar issue please post... The whole fuel system from HPFP to LPFP to gas tank have been replaced including the High pressure fuel rail sensor.. Im stumped!!!!

HELP! Help!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
M_spiels
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘13 e92 n55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by godspeed911 View Post
Hello e90Posts, I am writing today in reference to my 2012 BMW 335i LCI n55.. The car is modded as follows: Intake, charge pipe, De-catted Downpipe, 7" FMIC,Stage 2 Fuel it pump, BMW performance exhaust..

Now that you have the background of the car, heres the trick. About two months ago I had BMW do warranty work, because my Evap system wasn't allowing gas to pump continuously without the constant click of the pump. They said there was a flap in my tank stuck open, therefore they warrantied my tank an put a new one in, A month down the road my car stalls out, I had my suspicions it was the HPFP failure do to long cranks an rough idle, long story short I de tuned the car an it started back up, tuned with MHD stock file... The car ran fine on the stock file for a week or so then it started stalling again.. Took it to bmw an they tell me its my LPFP, Which is false... Have the car towed from BMW, an the lpfp tested at my performance shop an the pump tests out fine, BMW still doesn't want to warranty my HPFP at this point so I took the hit an went ahead an bought an OEM one an had it installed... Now the car still stalls out, an I still get the same fault code 2BE9, I've already replaced my High Pressure Fuel Rail sensor as well.. At this point I'm stumped, the only other problem I could see it being, is the tech at BMW didn't align my vent line properly through the guided tunnel an upon positioning the new tank pitched my vent line, therefore I'm still haven the same fuel issue where I have to constantly pump gas then click, pump gas then click... I need an answer, nobody has one for me..

Fault code: 2BE9 Cylinder injection cutout; pressure to low in high pressure fuel system..

Any input or similar issue please post... The whole fuel system from HPFP to LPFP to gas tank have been replaced including the High pressure fuel rail sensor.. Im stumped!!!!

HELP! Help!
Have you figured out what the problem was?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
flipmode
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Have you tried replacing the Fuel Tank Ventilation valve? It is located under the throttle body. I was having similar issues as you are having, could not figure it out, but then I finally a code came up and it was this valve.