BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Vancouver Availability and Discounts

04-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
BMW604
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Vancouver Availability and Discounts

Hi all,

New to the forums and to the 2 series. Recently I started shopping for a new vehicle and noticed the 2 series. I went to check some out, the first one was a manual M235i, it felt good, well connected and plenty of power for city driving. I wanted to look at some others and found another one with carbon bits and a MPE which was great, I wanted to buy it but then found out it had a large claim on it. With few options on the used market, I went to test drive a new M240i with a ZF8 at a dealer, the car felt good but the price quoted was not, about 6K in dealer fees. I continued my search and found another manual M235i at a dealer which I went to check out but left kind of unimpressed so now it's onto the M2. After countless videos and reading threads about the M2, it sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to test driving it. If it is as great as what I'm expecting it to be, I'll be looking to put an order in, which leads me to the topic, would it be difficult to find allocation and are dealers in giving discounts, also, what fees are to be expected, this is specifically in Vancouver. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #2
achui
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I was recently researching M2, and I found the information in https://www.unhaggle.com quite useful. I think you can get discount from dealers / BMW Canada for new M2.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Honestly I would wait a little longer. With the Comp pack coming out lots of people will sell their pristine "keeper" M2 LCI's. So you'll be able to privately or at a dealer get a good deal on a 2018 with low kms. For this reason I wouldn't bother with a new one.
      04-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
BMW604
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achui View Post
I was recently researching M2, and I found the information in https://www.unhaggle.com quite useful. I think you can get discount from dealers / BMW Canada for new M2.
I've been on the site before but I wasn't sure if dealers are moving on their prices/fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Honestly I would wait a little longer. With the Comp pack coming out lots of people will sell their pristine "keeper" M2 LCI's. So you'll be able to privately or at a dealer get a good deal on a 2018 with low kms. For this reason I wouldn't bother with a new one.
I would wait until the announcement of the M2 Comp before making any decision but if it does drop the prices of the current models, that would be great, I am only considering new because of the high pre-owned prices right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

The M2 Comp price will be significantly higher than the M2 LCI (my guestimate is starting 72-75k + options).

Therefore, I do not believe actual M2 will drop in price. I may be wrong.
This new M2 Comp will bridge the gap until we see the G20 M3/4.
      04-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #6
Kothar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 20 m235i gran coupe

Why get a powerful m2 gas guzzler...why not a tesla or prius.....since you BC green people don't want the kinder Morgan pipeline that would benefit all Canada????
Appreciate 2
stefan2346.50
      04-12-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
BMW604
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kothar View Post
Why get a powerful m2 gas guzzler...why not a tesla or prius.....since you BC green people don't want the kinder Morgan pipeline that would benefit all Canada????
Oh, I never thought about those options, thanks! Do you know about the availability of the model 3 and what kind of rebates/discounts I can get?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #8
Kothar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

https://www.cevforbc.ca/clean-energy-vehicle-program
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
BMW604
Rep

Quote:
https://www.cevforbc.ca/clean-energy-vehicle-program
Thanks! But why do you feel the need to single me out for something that is irrelevant to the thread, or will you go on and make similar comments to all the Vancouver/BC related threads?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #10
Kothar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Well I suppose I shouldn't single you out. I am just angry as to what your BC gov is doing. Hello you might not even agree! If you get m2 you will not regret it.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #11
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Then why don't you ask for an oil pipeline right in front of your house? We put our Beautiful British Columbia's environment in danger of oil pollution for the benefit of you people that don't appreciate it? And we still pay almost 2 dollars per litre for gas? Hell no!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Thing is that. If you drive a gas or battery car you are part of the problem. If you take planes - you are part of the problem.
The pipeline is likely the safest way to carry fuel but if there are only compressed air cars and trucks then there would be no need for it. Either way if we don't personally act soon we will not have a planet that will support us.
Thing is that manufacturing will not support vehicles where no chemicals used (toxic chemicals like lithium and gasoline). That's why Tata motors have no market for their compressed air cars. Cars can be really simple things. How about putting some effort into windup spring technology?

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #13
ilvtofu
Rep

I got about $2k off on a cash purchase at Park Shore, nothing crazy. But I think now that the LCI's are available and the M2 comp just around the corner, the used 16/17 prices should come down. Frankly a lot of the listings I see are absurd and you might as well buy new than save $10k. BJ Pre owned had a good deal on a white MDCT for ~$50k which seems like a more reasonable price to me
      04-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #14
bornyesterday
Private
Rep
Drives: F82, E92

Quote:
lol im living in bc now and the green people here are nuts
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #15
bmwizgoat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 sti

Quote:
Well I suppose I shouldn't single you out. I am just angry as to what your BC gov is doing. Hello you might not even agree! If you get m2 you will not regret it.
Everyone is angry at the bc. They have no idea what basic economics are.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 10:39 PM   #16
bmwizgoat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 sti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Quote:
Then why don't you ask for an oil pipeline right in front of your house? We put our Beautiful British Columbia's environment in danger of oil pollution for the benefit of you people that don't appreciate it? And we still pay almost 2 dollars per litre for gas? Hell no!
This logic makes about 0%.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #17
TheMagician
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 6spd

I got 6.5%/$4700 off '18 with DCT in Toronto
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #18
kivyee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 230ix Track Pack

Not sure if OP is still looking for an M2, but this is a good deal for a new one.
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...633767683.html

Hey Kothar, you realize that not supporting the pipeline and using petroleum products are two separate things right? Just because you use oil doesn't mean every oil project in the world makes sense. Look into the justification for the project and you will find that it doesn't actually add up. The discount on Alberta crude is not because of a monopoly market but because it takes more refining hence cost vs Texas intermediate. And as far as I'm concerned, if the crude stays in the ground Canada as a country hasn't lost anything. Might not be our generation that benefits but surely the generations that follow will.
Not to mention, Alberta doesn't have the best record of dealing with man-made environmental disasters...What's the plan for dealing with the tailings ponds?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #19
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivyee View Post
Not sure if OP is still looking for an M2, but this is a good deal for a new one.
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...633767683.html

Hey Kothar, you realize that not supporting the pipeline and using petroleum products are two separate things right? Just because you use oil doesn't mean every oil project in the world makes sense. Look into the justification for the project and you will find that it doesn't actually add up. The discount on Alberta crude is not because of a monopoly market but because it takes more refining hence cost vs Texas intermediate. And as far as I'm concerned, if the crude stays in the ground Canada as a country hasn't lost anything. Might not be our generation that benefits but surely the generations that follow will.
Not to mention, Alberta doesn't have the best record of dealing with man-made environmental disasters...What's the plan for dealing with the tailings ponds?
Lets be honest here. If the justification didn't add up surely the federal government wouldn't support it especially one that's installed a carbon tax. It's justified and the bigger question is what justification is there in opposing it other than disaster fearmongering?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #20
kivyee
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Lets be honest here. If the justification didn't add up surely the federal government wouldn't support it especially one that's installed a carbon tax. It's justified and the bigger question is what justification is there in opposing it other than disaster fearmongering?
Would love to see how you justify $4.x billion purchase for a project where only $600million has been spent. I think the onus is on the government to justify the purchase. I think the spill concerns are valid..How many pipeline spills have you seen in the news in the last year? I can think of at least 2 off the top of my head.
1.https://globalnews.ca/news/4130520/pipeline-spill-keystone-south-dakota/
2.https://globalnews.ca/news/4235287/trans-mountain-spill-darfield/
This ended up being 10times larger than reported...
3.https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paramount-resources-zama-city-pipeline-leak-1.4621904
This is the last 3 months.
And what would the response them be for stopping and cleaning up for the spill in remote northern BC?
This farce is completely politically driven and has nothing to do with economics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
If the justification didn't add up surely the federal government wouldn't support it especially one that's installed a carbon tax.
Are you expecting a politician to stand for coherent values? Maybe I'm too jaded but haven't seen one that didn't switch on a dime when politically expedient.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 02:27 PM   #21
kivyee
Private First Class
Rep

Here's a good article on pipeline at for those so inclined.
https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-...kinder-morgan/
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #22
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

You are dodging the fact that if the BC government didn't get in the way the federal government wouldn't have had to purchase the pipeline in the first place. Kinder Morgan would have built it and took on the financial risks. Now we own it because of in Naheed Nenshi's (has been awarded the World Mayor Prize btw) own words "one of the worst politicians we've seen in Canada in decades" and the people such as yourself that allowed yourselves to be brainwashed. I know you can't be argued with so I will stop here but make no mistake BC messed this up big time.
Appreciate 0