E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Over boost codes

04-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Moce72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Over boost codes

Hi everyone, I'm consistently getting overboost codes and half engine codes when I accelerate from a low rpm. I recently removed my vacuum canisters because I broke one of the nipples for the hose when I was relocating them for my inlets and outlets. Would this cause an overboost code or would that be leaning more towards boost solenoids? It's driving me crazy, I have full boost on full pulls though and goes back to normal when I restart the car. Any help is appreciated thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
mifesto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

i haven't performed canister delete but it's well documented many have deleted it without any noticeable issue. if you are getting codes, i would suspect you have a large tear in a line. the two lines that go to canister are famous for disintegrating where they connect to the vacuum pump line.
Appreciate 0