E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Trying to find example sounds of OEM PE exhaust mod

04-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Trying to find example sounds of OEM PE exhaust mod

Subject says it all.

There seems like a lot of examples of the 335 having this mod but 328i is rare.

Would anyone comment that it is worth it or have a sound clip?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

If you want a tame/ sporty sound, yes. Many of the guys on here have posted the quote "It should've sounded like this from the factory" or something to that effect.

Go to YouTube.
Search 328i performance exhaust.
At least 4 videos on top and I know for sure, the first two videos are bone stock exhausts that have just been upgraded to the PE. (OEM Headers, Mids, etc.)

Go for it-
      04-06-2018, 12:32 AM   #3
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinscher View Post
Subject says it all.

There seems like a lot of examples of the 335 having this mod but 328i is rare.

Would anyone comment that it is worth it or have a sound clip?

Thanks in advance
The thread is literally RIGHT UNDERNEATH YOURS. Which means before you started this useless thread, it was the 1st on the page. Do you mind start searching and READ before you ask? Another useful thread from u.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.25.47 PM.png
Views: 672
Size:  52.8 KB

Last edited by Blueeyesredpanda; 04-06-2018 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyesredpanda View Post
The thread is literally RIGHT UNDERNEATH YOURS. Which means before you started this useless thread, it was the 1st on the page. Do you mind start searching and READ before you ask? Another useful thread from u.

Attachment 1799728
I'm starting to get the feeling that you've really got no life beyond camping internet forums for "useless threads" and then you going out of you way to make even more "useless comments" on.

It's my opinion that you're clueless how forums work. Let me shed some light for you. First thing you do is search the the forum relative information to your question and if you can't find it you then Google it. If again you don't find the answer you resort to posting a question on an open public forum related to your question. With a little luck, the forum you pick has a wise enough community to be able to help out. If you're unlucky, some jack ass will insult you for not being as perfect as they are at everything internet and the worldly.

Now that you know that's how forums work, i'll let you know that is exactly what I've done.

Further more, and directly from the stick thread: Tips and Tricks! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.

4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. BMW-E90 enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day it will pay you back on here.

Thanks Captain.

Last edited by Pinscher; 04-13-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 2
Ali-E90378.50
Noir883.00
      04-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
If you want a tame/ sporty sound, yes. Many of the guys on here have posted the quote "It should've sounded like this from the factory" or something to that effect.

Go to YouTube.
At least 4 videos on top and I know for sure, the first two videos are bone stock exhausts that have just been upgraded to the PE. (OEM Headers, Mids, etc.)

Go for it-
Hi Noir,

Thanks for the tips. In fact, I think I've listened to every BMW performance video on YouTube for the E90. The problem is I can't tell with of the videos are the BMW PE vs the BMW OEM PE Mod.

So far this is my favorite for the PE exhaust.

I was able to find some videos of 335's which have the OEM exhaust PE mod done and they are amazing sounding (right off of the PE Mod thread), but as I mention I've been unlucky finding Videos on the stock Exhaust, PE Mod for 328i E90. The one 328i video I found where it was clear it was a PW mod was so poor quality I didn't even finish washing it.

Note that even though I'm asking this, i'm still actively searching for more PE mod info and examples. cheers.

Last edited by Pinscher; 04-13-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      04-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #6
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's my opinion that you're clueless how forums work. Let me shed some light for you. First thing you do is search the the forum relative information to your question and if you can't find it you then Google it. If again you don't find the answer you resort to posting a question on an open public forum related to your question.
Sure you searched and googled, look at the screenshot, right underneath your useless thread. Go back to elementary so they can teach you how to use google.

what did you google? I show you what i just googled, took me 1.5sec.

N52 Pe mod

https://www.google.ca/search?client=...FMLe8AfYjKngBA

Last edited by Blueeyesredpanda; 04-13-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #7
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Go to YouTube.

Go for it-
Hi Noir,

Thanks for the tips. In fact, I think I've listened to every BMW performance video on YouTube for the E90. The problem is I can't tell with of the videos are the BMW PE vs the BMW OEM PE Mod.

So far this is my favorite for the PE exhaust.

I was able to find some videos of 335's which have the OEM exhaust PE mod done and they are amazing sounding (right off of the PE Mod thread), but as I mention I've been unlucky finding Videos on the stock Exhaust, PE Mod for 328i E90. The one 328i video I found where it was clear it was a PW mod was so poor quality I didn't even finish washing it.

Note that even though I'm asking this, i'm still actively searching for more PE mod info and examples. cheers.
Ah. I'm smellin what you're stepping in.
I'm sure most are OEM PE.
Keep diggin!
      04-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #8
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sure you searched and googled, look at the screenshot, right underneath your useless thread. Go back to elementary so they can teach you how to use google.

what did you google? I show you what i just googled, took me 1.5sec.

N52 Pe mod

https://www.google.ca/search?client=...FMLe8AfYjKngBA
ya, so how much time searching for an answer do you spend before asking a question? Just curious. I used about 60% of my tablet's power bank last night searching around so a good 3 or 4 hours.

My Reading included that thread already. did you watch that video? It's horrible. I can't imagine anyone doing this mod if it ends up sounding like that. I dunno if the mic is to close or not, but that sounds like has a tin can for an exhaust. Maybe that's what the mod sounds like, maybe it's a bad video, i'm not sure as I've never heard it in person, but that video doesn't sound anything resembling the Genuine BMW PE exhaust or any of the OEM modded exhausts 335's that' I've seen videos for.

This is why I started my thread. I'm looking for a good example of what to expect before i drive my car cross boarders to get the job done over in Washington (same guy that did the group buy PE mod a while back) since no one here has a clue what I'm talking about when I call them up. These people here just try to sell me a new exhaust system...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
ya, so how much time searching for an answer do you spend before asking a question? Just curious. I used about 60% of my tablet's power bank last night searching around so a good 3 or 4 hours.

My Reading included that thread already. did you watch that video? It's horrible. I can't imagine anyone doing this mod if it ends up sounding like that. I dunno if the mic is to close or not, but that sounds like has a tin can for an exhaust. Maybe that's what the mod sounds like, maybe it's a bad video, i'm not sure as I've never heard it in person, but that video doesn't sound anything resembling the Genuine BMW PE exhaust or any of the OEM modded exhausts 335's that' I've seen videos for.

This is why I started my thread. I'm looking for a good example of what to expect before i drive my car cross boarders to get the job done over in Washington (same guy that did the group buy PE mod a while back) since no one here has a clue what I'm talking about when I call them up. These people here just try to sell me a new exhaust system...
Talking to you hurts my brain.

LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOT I TOOK. THE WHOLE THREAD HAS AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT EXCELLENT VIDEOS

335I HAS A DIFFERENT ENGING.
N52 PE MOD, ITS A MOD, OF COURSE IT WOULD SOUND DIFFERENT, IF YOU WANT IT TO SOUND EXACTLY LIKE N52 PE, THEN GO BUY YOURSELF A PE
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #10
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Talking to you hurts my brain.

LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOT I TOOK. THE WHOLE THREAD HAS AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT EXCELLENT VIDEOS

335I HAS A DIFFERENT ENGING.
N52 PE MOD, ITS A MOD, OF COURSE IT WOULD SOUND DIFFERENT, IF YOU WANT IT TO SOUND EXACTLY LIKE N52 PE, THEN GO BUY YOURSELF A PE
look, I did my best in my initial post to portray my lack of information in the form of a question. At this point, I would say that both you and I have taken far too much time on this thread as a whole. Lucky, you're not the means to my end and your comments are inconsequential, so far since you've given ZERO useful timbits....The way I see it is either you have knowledge of specific information that I'm asking about and you're withholding it, for whatever reason, I dunno...Or you simply don't know, which is understandable. This car is super old in the end...

Regarding the screenshots you posted; I've already read that thread. More than once as I do that with all things I'm interested in. I was thorough in my investigation regarding the PE exhaust and the OEM mod. I was so thorough that I found that E90post.com had specific threads on the topic. Threads that described what was possible with a straightforward Xpipe and exhaust mod. the results were VERY SIMILAR to a genuine BMW PE exhaust.......

Full circle, I'm looking for 328i pre-LIC (not sure if pre-LIC matters or not) sound clips of the OEM pe exhaust mod. Do you have the solution I'm looking for, or do you not? If you don't, then how about you stop talking.

If I can find good sound clips I can make an educated decision and possibly save myself about $1000 and spend the savings on some sick wheels for my new ride.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #11
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
A friend did the mod on his 328 muffler, and wasn't too impressed.

He instead suggested getting a 128/135 muffler, and optionally doing the PE mod on that.

Sorry no clips of his setup.
      04-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #12
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
The problem with exhaust videos is that they're barely more powerful than word of mouth. A camera doesn't have ears and it's processor can't do the same job as your brain. Sure you can get close but you are almost splitting hairs trying to compare stock vs. PE vs. PE 'mod' when it comes to what a camera's mic picks up.. and even worse when you consider that most people out there are using their cell phones to record these videos. GL but in the end you're pretty much just going to have to commit to something and then decide in person once it's done. There was one guy here, TylerJamesInc or something like that, that did a lot of work going down the route of modding the stock exhaust. I'd find his thread(s) and go from there. My personal suggestion is don't bother spending all of that time, work, money (if you aren't DIY) on modding the stock muffler. Just get a legit cat-back exhaust setup or go have an exhaust shop weld on a new muffler/tips and call it a day if sound is all you care about. Deleting the secondary cats can also introduce a little bit of pleasurable rasp + a few ponies at the top end.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if the car is LCI or Pre-LCI. Any 325/328/330i will all sound the same engine wise.
Noir883.00
      04-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #13
Pinscher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post

Oh, and it doesn't matter if the car is LCI or Pre-LCI. Any 325/328/330i will all sound the same engine wise.
I figured out why I couldn't find examples and it's because i was searching the wrong combinations of words. Eventually I found a slew of them. it seems the result is only a couple sounded good and none has the nice exotic tone at higher revs.

I'm pretty much at a complete lost of what to do. Spend 300 on the mod, or 1500 on the genuine PE.

Think i'll save the 1200 and put that towards wheels and go with the mod. it's not perfect, but it will satisfy the loudness need for now until *fingers crossed* I nail down a used PE!.

Thanks for your contribution!
Appreciate 0