E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Gas Pedal Code?

03-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
aj90
Budget Builder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i, 17' 330i, 18' 440i

Gas Pedal Code?

I had my engine replaced due to some internal damage and after waiting three long weeks, I get a call from the mechanic saying there are some wiring problems. The car is throwing the codes:

2D1C - Accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor signal 2
2D20 - Accelerator Pedal Module, Pedal Sensor Plausibility between signal 1 and signal 2

I replaced the accelerator with a new one and reset adaptations but nothing. Gas pedal barely responds but doesn't hold the throttle. I have the half-engine light (limp mode) as well. I've checked the pins on the DME so many times and I can't figure out what the problem is.

Previous to the replacement, I had a BMS PBX, in case that is some necessary info, but I took it out after putting it on the stock map and it still has the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander7744 View Post
I had my engine replaced due to some internal damage and after waiting three long weeks, I get a call from the mechanic saying there are some wiring problems. The car is throwing the codes:

2D1C - Accelerator pedal module, pedal sensor signal 2
2D20 - Accelerator Pedal Module, Pedal Sensor Plausibility between signal 1 and signal 2

I replaced the accelerator with a new one and reset adaptations but nothing. Gas pedal barely responds but doesn't hold the throttle. I have the half-engine light (limp mode) as well. I've checked the pins on the DME so many times and I can't figure out what the problem is.

Previous to the replacement, I had a BMS PBX, in case that is some necessary info, but I took it out after putting it on the stock map and it still has the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
Probably a connection / wiring issue.

Have you checked to see if you have have switched sensor one with sensor two? If they are like other dual sensor setups they are twins 180 degrees apart.

If you can't find anything you can try resetting the adaptions but my gut tells me it's wiring.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
aj90
Budget Builder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i, 17' 330i, 18' 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Probably a connection / wiring issue.

Have you checked to see if you have have switched sensor one with sensor two? If they are like other dual sensor setups they are twins 180 degrees apart.

If you can't find anything you can try resetting the adaptions but my gut tells me it's wiring.
The mechanic took a look at it today and they say the BMS PBX is causing the issue which I don't really believe since it was working prior to the new engine. Gonna try to reset the adaptation values and see if that fixes anything. If not, I'll have them look at the ECU and make sure all the connections are correct. Thanks for the tip about the wiring issue possibility.
Appreciate 0