E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Going In For First Service

06-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
LM E90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Going In For First Service

Hi Everyone, this is my first post on E90post. I have been lurking around this forum for quite some time now so I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Lev, in from CT, and drive a 2007 328i m/t. Im going in for my first service tomorrow (12400 miles on the clock). I had a few questions regarding my first service.

1. Im sitting at a stop sign one day and the person in front of me puts his car in reverse and flies towards my car. I layed on my horn so hard that I managed to put a crack in the middle of the steering wheel!!! Will they replace the front piece of the steering wheel for free?

2. I noticed the other day that when i do not have a passenger in the car. The light on the ceiling does not turn on saying that passenger airbag is disabled meaning the bag would deploy with no passenger in the car. What can this be?

3. I cant get the damn black stuff off my wheels no matter how hard I try, will they do this for me?

4. My brakes squell like big time when im coming to a stop. Its so annoying! What im afraid of though is that they might take the car for a test drive and they wont hear the squell because it doesnt happen every time.

5. To all the 328i drivers out their, how many miles do you get to the gas tank? Im getting 330 miles to the tank and was wondering if that is normal?

Thanks for the help everyone
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

1. yes, they will definitely replace it, it is an airbag issue. they should replace the drivers side airbag. that's what they did when i had that issue. i don't know if you should tell them you did it though, just say it just cracked randomly.

2. mine doesn't either.

3. if you have them wash your car, maybe. they do a really bad job washing, so i would highly advise you tell them to not wash it, unless you watch swirl/scratchfest on your paint.

4. they can tell how much brakes you have left. it's part of the normal inspection. the bc will also tell you how much brakes you have left.

hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

1) Yes the should replace it for free.

2) only time that light would come on is if you have something light on the seat like a really small child, gym bag, a few books. It is telling you that something is detected in the seat but it does not weigh enough so it is disabling the air bags. If nothing is in the seat then the light does not come on at all.

3) no clue what black stuff you are talking about.

4) could be a sensor or the pads themselves. Tell the dealer and they will check it out.
      06-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
E92_328i_Boston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

Given you've already rec'd answers to the other questions, I usually get right around 400 from a tank. 25mpg average. 2008 328i coupe
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM E90 View Post
Hi Everyone, this is my first post on E90post. I have been lurking around this forum for quite some time now so I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Lev, in from CT, and drive a 2007 328i m/t. Im going in for my first service tomorrow (12400 miles on the clock). I had a few questions regarding my first service.

1. Im sitting at a stop sign one day and the person in front of me puts his car in reverse and flies towards my car. I layed on my horn so hard that I managed to put a crack in the middle of the steering wheel!!! Will they replace the front piece of the steering wheel for free?

2. I noticed the other day that when i do not have a passenger in the car. The light on the ceiling does not turn on saying that passenger airbag is disabled meaning the bag would deploy with no passenger in the car. What can this be?

3. I cant get the damn black stuff off my wheels no matter how hard I try, will they do this for me?

4. My brakes squell like big time when im coming to a stop. Its so annoying! What im afraid of though is that they might take the car for a test drive and they wont hear the squell because it doesnt happen every time.

5. To all the 328i drivers out their, how many miles do you get to the gas tank? Im getting 330 miles to the tank and was wondering if that is normal?

Thanks for the help everyone
WElcome!

1. Yes
2. Have them check the sensor
3. Try Eagle 1 or McGuires wheel spray. This should remove the brakedust
4. Tell them about the brakes
5. About 22 combined and 300 mile to the tank

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0