F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Tweeter replacement
Extreme Powerhouse

03-14-2018, 02:10 AM   #1
JneneJ
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 320i

Tweeter replacement

Can anyone recommend tweeter direct fit replacement for standard HiFi. Also would I have to get a tweeter with a cross over? I think my tweeters are already starting to go out when i added the Jl XD 600/6. Don't really want spend the money on full set of component speakers, car is a lease.
      03-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

get bav sound, huge upgrade with the jl xd600
      03-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
JneneJ
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
get bav sound, huge upgrade with the jl xd600
I'm only running the front speakers and underseat woofers and a small sub. Everything sounds great already. Maybe just want to replace the tweeters only. Bavsound is a full set of speakers right. I'm getting odd volume from the left speaker. Like it's coming in and out sometimes but very slight. Like a get a sudden burst of highs, I think the tweeter can't handle it or could be that I'm steaming songs via Bluetooth.
      03-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JneneJ View Post
I'm only running the front speakers and underseat woofers and a small sub. Everything sounds great already. Maybe just want to replace the tweeters only. Bavsound is a full set of speakers right. I'm getting odd volume from the left speaker. Like it's coming in and out sometimes but very slight. Like a get a sudden burst of highs, I think the tweeter can't handle it or could be that I'm steaming songs via Bluetooth.
bavsound is a full set, they have the hifi and hk upgrades

theres quite a few aftermarket solutions, it was mentioned in the previous thread you have, focal, eton and etc...
      03-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
JneneJ
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
Quote:
bavsound is a full set, they have the hifi and hk upgrades

theres quite a few aftermarket solutions, it was mentioned in the previous thread you have, focal, eton and etc...
Cool right on bro. Thanks for the input
      03-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #6
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Can anyone recommend tweeter direct fit replacement for standard HiFi. Also would I have to get a tweeter with a cross over? I think my tweeters are already starting to go out when i added the Jl XD 600/6. Don't really want spend the money on full set of component speakers, car is a lease.
Get (2) Eton B25CXC tweeters with inline cap cabling. Plugs directly into the OEM mid.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
JneneJ
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Quote:
Get (2) Eton B25CXC tweeters with inline cap cabling. Plugs directly into the OEM mid.
I can't find them after googling them. You happen to have a link? And thank you
      03-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
DYH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive M Sport

I installed these on mine. They are slightly smaller in diameter and I used a small piece of window insulation to fill in the gap. They come with crossovers.
I cut the wires with the plug from the stock tweeters and attached them directly to the crossover. You can also order the plastic plugs. No splicing required.

Rest of the speakers are stock along with the BimmerTech amp. Huge upgrade in sound quality!

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108K10...c&awug=9009970
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #9
JneneJ
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYH View Post
I installed these on mine. They are slightly smaller in diameter and I used a small piece of window insulation to fill in the gap. They come with crossovers.
I cut the wires with the plug from the stock tweeters and attached them directly to the crossover. You can also order the plastic plugs. No splicing required.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108K10...c&awug=9009970
Nice! I actually love infinity reference speakers. Had them in my old car. Really smooth. So you left the factory 4" speaker and used this tweeter? How did it sound? Much difference? Also is it amplified?
      03-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #10
DYH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive M Sport

Correct - 4" mid is stock. I have the BimmerTech amp using the tune they supplied for stock setup.
Sound is amazing now - even with just the amp upgrade the stock tweeters were not clear. My wife is super picky when it comes to tweeters routinely trashed the sound - but now with the tweeter upgrade she loves it.
Disabling the center channel also made a huge difference in the sound - plus I didn't want the center channel crummy tweeter muddying up the sound.
Some people say the Infinity's are too bright - but to me they are just clear - and I prefer it that way.
Appreciate 0