BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding ConnectedDrive not working

02-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
SamH
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

Exclamation ConnectedDrive not working

From last Friday (23.02.2018) connecteddrive is not working. None of the apps are updating. Mobile data is shown as unknown instead of LTE. I have the subscription left for another 4 years. Can someone help?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 11:28 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Contact your dealer I suggest.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 11:33 PM   #3
SamH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Contact your dealer I suggest.
Well I got down the car directly from UK. So the dealer is pretty much useless. In fact the dealer here doesn't know how to get the connecteddrive working in the first place so they are pretty useless.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Escalate to bmw uk then and complain about the dealer. That's what they should be doing , if they can't sort they should be reaching out to bmw for assistance as necessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 05:50 AM   #5
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Try logging off and logging on again in the car. Sometimes that could flush out any issues. If you are encountering network issues that might be down to the data connection of your mobile operator in Sri Lanka.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #6
SamH
Rep

Data connection was working perfectly until last Friday night. Not sure what went wrong. Does anyone know whether I can reconfigure the esim inside the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #7
Bluefoz
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Ltd Ed., iX3 Pro

Yes it's a problem that I've noticed - I contacted them and received this reply:

"Thanks for your email about purchasing ConnectedDrive subscriptions.

I’m afraid that we’re currently experiencing a technical fault with our ConnectedDrive store. Our technicians are working on a solution and this will be implemented as soon as possible.

In the meantime, can I recommend ensuring that your billing information is up to date and try using the ConnectedDrive store inside your car. You can access your billing information here, by going to “my account”.

I’ve been in touch with the escalation team and this issue is affecting the UK market on a wide-spread scale. As a result it’s been escalated to the highest level and a resolution will be short coming. However, I can’t predict when this will be, only keep you update of the progress.

I understand this is an inconvenience and possible frustrating, but I assure you that I’m chasing all avenues for updates and will be in touch soon. If there’s anything else I can help you with in the meantime, please get back in touch."

I've tried from the car since without success.....
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
SamH
Rep

Now the server is completely down. Website says server maintenance. Fingers crossed it’ll work out soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #9
SamH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoz View Post
Yes it's a problem that I've noticed - I contacted them and received this reply:

I’m afraid that we’re currently experiencing a technical fault with our ConnectedDrive store. Our technicians are working on a solution and this will be implemented as soon as possible.

In the meantime, can I recommend ensuring that your billing information is up to date and try using the ConnectedDrive store inside your car. You can access your billing information here, by going to “my account”.

I’ve been in touch with the escalation team and this issue is affecting the UK market on a wide-spread scale. As a result it’s been escalated to the highest level and a resolution will be short coming. However, I can’t predict when this will be, only keep you update of the progress.

I understand this is an inconvenience and possible frustrating, but I assure you that I’m chasing all avenues for updates and will be in touch soon. If there’s anything else I can help you with in the meantime, please get back in touch."

Any luck?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #10
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 530d xDrive (G31)

Will this be linked to the "Online Entertainment" in the car? I've been having problems with napster through online entertainment for the past week. I can only play music that has previously been downloaded.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #11
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoz View Post

IÂ’m afraid that weÂ’re currently experiencing a technical fault with our ConnectedDrive store. Our technicians are working on a solution and this will be implemented as soon as possible.

IÂ’ve been in touch with the escalation team and this issue is affecting the UK market on a wide-spread scale. As a result itÂ’s been escalated to the highest level and a resolution will be short coming. However, I canÂ’t predict when this will be, only keep you update of the progress.

I understand this is an inconvenience and possible frustrating, but I assure you that IÂ’m chasing all avenues for updates and will be in touch soon. If thereÂ’s anything else I can help you with in the meantime, please get back in touch."

Fortunately I've got no issues. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #12
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

Mine is not working either and there is supposedly some bulletin related to the server for Android app is down. I have an Android. How about everyone else?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #13
SamH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyfish007 View Post
Mine is not working either and there is supposedly some bulletin related to the server for Android app is down. I have an Android. How about everyone else?
Still not working. Not only the app nothing related to connecteddrive is working. I escalated the issue to BMW UK but the response is ultra slow.

Worst part is voice commands have become very limited due to non availability of the connecteddrive data.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 05:31 AM   #14
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Connected Drive Servers Were Down

I had problems, renewing Online Entertainment (Deezer)...my car was delivered End Feb 2017...I called BMW and they said maintenance issues with server... try and renew in 24 hours... which I did... paid for 12 months and got 4 years validity

I'm sure they'll pick it up at some stage...

Point is connected drive system was down server side for some days... my system was fine though other than that... and all good this weekend, activated renewal in car and updated maps via USB
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #15
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

I called up the BMW assist line and they handed me off to BMW Genius who filed a support ticket for my account. It might take a week for them to get back to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 05:30 AM   #16
SamH
Rep

it looks like they have disconnected my data service. I tried writing to BMW UK and BMW Germany but no luck. Anyone knows how to get the data services activated again?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #17
clintorama
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

I notice with the Connected app that sometimes I don't see the "last drive" info. Sometimes it updates, and sometimes a long time will go by in between drives, but I get no refreshment on the app which shows the true last drive.

Anyone else? Any insight?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 10:10 PM   #18
SamH
Rep

I have noticed the same thing. Sometimes days go by without refreshing the last journey.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #19
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamH View Post
it looks like they have disconnected my data service. I tried writing to BMW UK and BMW Germany but no luck. Anyone knows how to get the data services activated again?
They can't disconnect your data service as that'll be with a local mobile operator. Onboard SIM is added during local prep. However, BMW could cancel your Connected Drive account if they want to.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #20
SamH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
They can't disconnect your data service as that'll be with a local mobile operator. Onboard SIM is added during local prep. However, BMW could cancel your Connected Drive account if they want to.
I can still log into my connecteddrive account. It’s just that there is no data connection in the car. Very strange.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #21
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamH View Post
Quote:
I can still log into my connecteddrive account. It's just that there is no data connection in the car. Very strange.
Wouldn't the local dealer has some responsibility even if you imported the car directly from UK? Worth a visit to Prestige
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 08:27 AM   #22
SamH
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't the local dealer has some responsibility even if you imported the car directly from UK? Worth a visit to Prestige
Unfortunately they don’t even have a look until I pay a huge premium around to 16000 pounds. I can buy another car for that price.
Appreciate 0