BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    First Edition M5

02-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
Hashtag_M_Rated
///M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 First Edition M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
First Edition M5

Thoughts of First Edition M5... Would you get one if given the opportunity?

Link for info about the special edition car:

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/maga...t-edition.html
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
BMW Mil
Solly
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good Question. I was wondering this too. I Love the Color myself but its not everyone's cup of tea and is it worth the $18K+.. ?
I was hoping I could order a DEMO model for the company I work for.. Waiting on BMW NA to respond on if its even possible! :=) However, I was wondering if this would be a tougher sell due to the price increase or would it be an easier sell due to limited production!?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
dcbigbaps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 McLaren 570GT

Garage List
The ZFN option at 18k adds a few items you may or may not be normally getting (full leather ($5k), bowers and wilkins ($3.5k), wheels ($1k), piano trim ($1k) M driver's package (2.5k)). I suspect most wouldn't spring for the M driver's package. So the value is roughly 10k.

I look at the true cost difference of around 8k. If the limited edition production, paint, sports exhaust, etc are worth it to you, then it could be worth it.

My dealer has a slot for me (not finalized on paper, but hopefully he pulls through). I like to be different so it's worth it for me.

*** sorry for multiple edits, I just want to be accurate.

Last edited by dcbigbaps; 02-13-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-20-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
Hashtag_M_Rated
///M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 First Edition M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps View Post
The ZFN option at 18k adds a few items you may or may not be normally getting (full leather ($5k), bowers and wilkins ($3.5k), wheels ($1k), piano trim ($1k) M driver's package (2.5k)). I suspect most wouldn't spring for the M driver's package. So the value is roughly 10k.

I look at the true cost difference of around 8k. If the limited edition production, paint, sports exhaust, etc are worth it to you, then it could be worth it.

My dealer has a slot for me (not finalized on paper, but hopefully he pulls through). I like to be different so it's worth it for me.

*** sorry for multiple edits, I just want to be accurate.
A frozen paint color is also another 5K. And I bet an M Performance exhaust is at 8K? You also can't get that exhaust at launch but will be available later one I'm sure. I really think the package is worth it.

You will also be one of 50 people with it in the US !

Last edited by Hashtag_M_Rated; 03-27-2018 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0