BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Anyone else disappointed

02-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Anyone else disappointed

I was extremely disappointed with the interior color choices and exterior color choices, wheel variations and styles....

Idk about anyone else but I was just expecting way more verity.
Appreciate 1
RPiM52856.50
      02-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
MTHX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335XI MPerformance edition

Garage List
2018 F90M5  [0.00]
If you wait 6 month you could probably order the color of your choice, same for the interior.

But for the wheel ... i think 3-4 more choices could be nice to have
Appreciate 1
M5Rlz248.50
      02-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHX View Post
If you wait 6 month you could probably order the color of your choice, same for the interior.

Just something that doesn't look like a generic wheel and then what appears to be a bigger version of my M4 wheel
Appreciate 1
M3Fahrer299.50
      02-10-2018, 05:29 AM   #4
M3Fahrer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Just something that doesn't look like a generic wheel and then what appears to be a bigger version of my M4 wheel
Exactly what I was thinking about the similarities between the the M5 and M3/M4 wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #5
drewzMMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Future M5 F90 Owner

Quote:
I was extremely disappointed with the interior color choices and exterior color choices, wheel variations and styles....

Idk about anyone else but I was just expecting way more verity.
I was also a bit disappointed. Looks like more effort is being put into blue and gray variations.

Also, wish the two-tone option existed across all interior colors. I love Tartufo, wish it had that black contrast (or some type of contrast) that the Silverstone and the Aragon Brown have.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewzMMM View Post
I was also a bit disappointed. Looks like more effort is being put into blue and gray variations.

Also, wish the two-tone option existed across all interior colors. I love Tartufo, wish it had that black contrast (or some type of contrast) that the Silverstone and the Aragon Brown have.
Not that I don't love some of the choices its just seeing the M4esq wheels no on every dang M car as a choice its on all the X'ms, M4, I think its even on the m235i some sort of variation, to see no new ideas on the newest vehicle with redesign is annoying.

Also no red/ sakhir option or as you said two tone options. I was really just kinda wowed by the lack of choices.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #7
drewzMMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not that I don't love some of the choices its just seeing the M4esq wheels no on every dang M car as a choice its on all the X'ms, M4, I think its even on the m235i some sort of variation, to see no new ideas on the newest vehicle with redesign is annoying.

Also no red/ sakhir option or as you said two tone options. I was really just kinda wowed by the lack of choices.
I agree about the wheels. The choices are a bit boring at the moment...!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #8
jensputzier
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

The wheels suck and I would have loved a beige interior including carpets. I do not like the contrast between the caramel and the black of the rest of the interior.
      02-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #9
thetruth
Rep
Drives: M5

BMW is atoning for its past sins, and is producing a M5 worthy of the name. The fact that the complaints are around color and wheel choices is a great sign.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 07:04 AM   #10
drewzMMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensputzier View Post
The wheels suck and I would have loved a beige interior including carpets. I do not like the contrast between the caramel and the black of the rest of the interior.
I noticed that too - no more true "Full Merino Leather" options for any color.
*R.I.P.*
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
BMW is atoning for its past sins, and is producing a M5 worthy of the name. The fact that the complaints are around color and wheel choices is a great sign.
I don't believe we're there yet,

they (like most german MFs) sold the avg. joe their premium brands by sticking M on any thing and every thing starting around the e90 era, and ramping it up into the later years.

As someone who got picked by NA to buy the M4 GTS, I'd say they have a long way to go (you're right the m5, with B&W speakers now was a great start to get me back). I'm still greatly concerned about spending cash on a car that could very well be worth 50k in 2 years lol.

I think they're starting to go the right way weeding out these lease only/ lease special customers who get premium cars for pennies, and with canceling the MSD programs people use to sneak into these cars....

The wheel and color combo for me didn't help me want to get another m5 right away tho.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #12
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Hate wheel choices thus far on the M5. Will wait until they offer different wheels or for first time will actually consider a 3rd party wheel for M5
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #13
thetruth
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
I don't believe we're there yet,

they (like most german MFs) sold the avg. joe their premium brands by sticking M on any thing and every thing starting around the e90 era, and ramping it up into the later years.

As someone who got picked by NA to buy the M4 GTS, I'd say they have a long way to go (you're right the m5, with B&W speakers now was a great start to get me back). I'm still greatly concerned about spending cash on a car that could very well be worth 50k in 2 years lol.

I think they're starting to go the right way weeding out these lease only/ lease special customers who get premium cars for pennies, and with canceling the MSD programs people use to sneak into these cars....

The wheel and color combo for me didn't help me want to get another m5 right away tho.
I agree with your well written post. After an E36 M3, and E39 M5, I gave up on BMW, and went to Porsche. BMW is trying to be all things to all people, and it is hard to turn off the “lease special” spigot. It is astonishing how much volume is driven by the lease specials.

Having said that, this M5 appeals to me, but I wish they would just do away with the utter nonsense of enhancing engine sounds.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #14
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHX View Post

Why wait 6 months? I have an individual allocation for March build.
Appreciate 0