E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Some diagnostic help if possible – not sure if it’s simply paranoia

01-22-2018, 03:03 AM   #1
Kuroblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Some diagnostic help if possible – not sure if it’s simply paranoia

Hello all,

I could use a bit of a view and some advice if possible. I’ve noticed of late that I’ve been seeing a little bit more of the glow plug light in the centre dash – momentarily before the engine kicks into life. Although it’s been a chilly winter, I’ve seen it more in the last month than in the last five years of ownership. Even this morning with a balmy 7 degrees, a flash of amber before the engine starts.

Two other odd things that may be related;

The other day it nearly stalled after a cold start and 100 yards of travel, came to a stop exiting work and it rumbled heavily, revs dropped and it nearly stalled. After that, drove as normal and all well.

Then this morning, I’m aware of a not loud, but noticeable popping sound coming from the engine bay, gut feel said passenger side, but not overly sure. No warning lights or anything, and the car drove as normal – no evidence of popping noise at work, 25 miles later.

Do I simply have car hypochondria, or is something about to let go..?

Car is an E92 330d, on 98k  I’ve had the Glow control Unit replaced recently, so it can’t be that – are my plugs on their way out? (all originals)
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
b21playa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI e60 535d msport

Worth getting fault codes read
Appreciate 0