BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

05-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
bills742
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 M3, '20 323Ci

What's up with dealerships and replacing fluids!

I had my 1200 mile service done on a DCT on 5/19 and I looked at my invoice today after reading about so many dealerships messing up with the fluids on these cars and it appears as though they didn't change the differential fluid at all! Here's what my invoice lists:

Set oil-filter elem 11-42-7-837-997
Oil 07-51-0-009-420
Set, microfilter/ac 64-31-9-159-606
Final-drive gear OI 83-22-282-583

I called the dealership and they told me that "sometimes they don't list everything that was done on an inspection II". Yeah, that's exactly what this is, ughh. He told me to bring the invoice by the dealership to have them look at it. My question is (may be dumb), my car now has about 1750 miles on it, is there any damage that might have been by driving the extra 500+ miles without the differential fluid being changed at 1200? Should I not drive the car until the diff fluid is changed? Also, is there anything else I need to tell the dealership to change? I can't believe these problems happen at BMW dealerships. I wonder how many cars they mess up in a day for the average customer that doesn't check their service invoice and doesn't know exactly what should be changed when. It's not right that we're responsible for telling them what to change. Thanks guys and sorry for the rant.
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
bills742
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 M3, '20 323Ci

I went to the dealership and they told me that the Final-drive gear OI 83-22-282-583 was the differential fluid. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct diff fluid for DCTs?
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
Appreciate 0