F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding with Bimmercode- Displaying Tyre pressure
GetBMWParts

12-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

Coding with Bimmercode- Displaying Tyre pressure

So I coded for the first time yesterday using Bimmercode and everything worked perfectly with just one error message coming up regarding the active spoiler but as soon as I set the date and time it went away so no need to purchase Bimmerlink.

The only thing that didn't seem to work was coding to display the tyre pressure and temperature. I simple get the green tyres and that is it. Is this because I don't have the right sensors or is there something I might have not done?

On another note I have coded for the M performance animation to be active but have only seen it once. What are the parameter for this to be displayed, do you have to start the engine within a certain amount of time after unlocking or turn just the ignition on?

Thanks in advance, think I will be experimenting a bit with expert mode soon too.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimma View Post
On another note I have coded for the M performance animation to be active but have only seen it once. What are the parameter for this to be displayed, do you have to start the engine within a certain amount of time after unlocking or turn just the ignition on?
This is a tricky one to get going because the car electronics actually "wake up" as soon as you approach/open the door. You have to be super fast to catch it.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #3
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
This is a tricky one to get going because the car electronics actually "wake up" as soon as you approach/open the door. You have to be super fast to catch it.
Oh well no biggy lol I will just dive in to the car!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Oh well no biggy lol I will just dive in to the car!
Or just plan each trip 30 mins early ... and just take a nap in the car to prep
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
vgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

Quote:
So I coded for the first time yesterday using Bimmercode and everything worked perfectly with just one error message coming up regarding the active spoiler but as soon as I set the date and time it went away so no need to purchase Bimmerlink.

The only thing that didn't seem to work was coding to display the tyre pressure and temperature. I simple get the green tyres and that is it. Is this because I don't have the right sensors or is there something I might have not done?

Thanks in advance, think I will be experimenting a bit with expert mode soon too.

The tire pressure and temperature will not show up till you start driving the car. As you drive the temperature and pressure values will show up.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
If you have the right sensors etc then the pressure would have been there all along, all the coding does is to show temperature in addition to pressure.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #7
JimJimma
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgore View Post
The tire pressure and temperature will not show up till you start driving the car. As you drive the temperature and pressure values will show up.
I assumed as much so I tried this and it still didn't show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
If you have the right sensors etc then the pressure would have been there all along, all the coding does is to show temperature in addition to pressure.
Ah ok, I wondered if this might be the case
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
jaybird5619
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2014i BMW  [0.00]
Just wanted to chime in that I successfully did this on my non-Nav 2014 M235i using Bimmercode and the Veepeak adaptor. This was my first coding attempt and it took less than 10 minutes (the hardest part of the job was getting on my 62-year-old hands and knees trying to locate and plug into the OBD2 receptacle!).

FYI, I noticed that in the Bimmercode app the Vgate adapters appear in the adapter selection list, but on Bimmercode's website, they are not among the recommended adaptors. I emailed Bimmercode and they replied that, due to continued problems (connectivity, reliability) with Vgate adapters, they are no longer recommending them.
Appreciate 0