E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > High Beam Adjustment 2009 e90

12-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
jzilveti19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

High Beam Adjustment 2009 e90

For the past 6-8 months, I've been having some issues with my passenger side high beam / brights where when on, is literally pointed at the sky/trees.

To briefly explain my setup, I have regular halogen bulbs on all lights including the low-beam, high beam, DRL (inner light which also controls the high beam) and halo lights. I do not believe I have the adaptive lights with automatic adjustments as when I start my car up, it does not calibrate it does not adjust accordingly on turns.

I finally figured out that I can adjust the low beam lights with a screw driver from the forms a few months ago. This was the initial cause of my problem (6-8 months ago) because they were all out of wack. And by the way, it was very random that it happened. The night before I noticed it, all the lights were properly adjusted fine. Maybe I hit a gigantic pothole here in NJ that caused this.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the high beam so it's not pointed in the sky? When I adjust the low beam lights, it does not adjust the high beam bulb. Additionally, when I look at both high beams (driver and passenger side), I have noticed that the actual bulb is more pointed down on the passenger side versus the driver side. The weird thing is, you would think my high beam would point to the ground but it does not. I have zero issues with the driver side and it seems to be pointed correctly.

Oh last point, my high beam bulb is located in the inner lights. I know that some other models have the high beam in the outer light.

Any help will be appreciated

thanks
Appreciate 0