E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > procedure for removing valvetronic servomotor sensor?

11-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
dleccord
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

procedure for removing valvetronic servomotor sensor?

i have an n55 and i'm going to replace the gasket the sits between the valve cover and servomotor soon. i read that you have to turn it clockwise and then counterclockwise to remove? is there a procedure anywhere someone can point me to? i rather not mess this up and then having to replace the servomotor and taking the valve cover off. thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleccord View Post
i have an n55 and i'm going to replace the gasket the sits between the valve cover and servomotor soon. i read that you have to turn it clockwise and then counterclockwise to remove? is there a procedure anywhere someone can point me to? i rather not mess this up and then having to replace the servomotor and taking the valve cover off. thanks in advance!
This might help:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...-gear/CyzwchK9

I was just playing with mine today. I am not sure, but I think the only gasket is relatively easy to replace..:

You just undo the two bolts and pull the gasket off.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
dleccord
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
This might help:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...-gear/CyzwchK9

I was just playing with mine today. I am not sure, but I think the only gasket is relatively easy to replace..:

You just undo the two bolts and pull the gasket off.
thank you for the link? what were you doing with your N55 with the blue masking tape?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 07:21 AM   #4
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
thank you for the link? what were you doing with your N55 with the blue masking tape?
Those were just rags/rubber gloves I stuffed into places. I was drilling a hole through the valve cover and didn't want the shavings getting into anything (see the allen key?). I don't think you need that link if all you want to do is replace the gasket. You won't even need to take the valve cover off. That is, if you're talking about the one in the picture I showed. That gasket just bolts on over the valvetronic plug tube. You don't remove the motor itself for that.

Last edited by bbnks2; 11-27-2017 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #5
dleccord
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Those were just rags/rubber gloves I stuffed into places. I was drilling a hole through the valve cover and didn't want the shavings getting into anything (see the allen key?). I don't think you need that link if all you want to do is replace the gasket. You won't even need to take the valve cover off. That is, if you're talking about the one in the picture I showed. That gasket just bolts on over the valvetronic plug tube. You don't remove the motor itself for that.
But to remove the plug, do I need to twist it a certain way? Or just yank it out?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #6
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
But to remove the plug, do I need to twist it a certain way? Or just yank it out?
The plug just clips in like nay other electrical plug. The gasket is on with 2 bolts. It lifts right up/off the tube once unbolted.
Appreciate 1