E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > How to clear this brake issue?

11-22-2017, 03:21 AM   #1
peacheyd
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 320D

How to clear this brake issue?

Hi,

My car has just failed it's MOT becuase the "change brake pads " message was on the car even though my brakes were in good condition, I recently changed the rears and after this failure changed the front anyways so now they are all new brembo . New disks n new pads . Then I reset the service counter for brakes on the OBC using a tutorial I found on here. The message is still there though , so now I have changed both sensors and still it remains .

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong ?

Edit : it's the red message not the yellow one
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacheyd View Post
Hi,

My car has just failed it's MOT becuase the "change brake pads " message was on the car even though my brakes were in good condition, I recently changed the rears and after this failure changed the front anyways so now they are all new brembo . New disks n new pads . Then I reset the service counter for brakes on the OBC using a tutorial I found on here. The message is still there though , so now I have changed both sensors and still it remains .

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong ?

Edit : it's the red message not the yellow one
If you replaced the sensors (2x) and reset the maintenance item then either something is wrong with the new sensors or you arent resetting the light correctly.

You can always cut the sensor wires and just splice them together. Afterreseting the light the car will always think is has new pads.
Appreciate 2
feuer4275.50
OlliD28.50
      11-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #3
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

If it is red you won't be able to reset it within the car.
When it is red it logs a fault in the DSC control unit for worn brake pads. So you will need software that can access and delete that fault after you reset it using the software.

I've only ever done it using ISTA but i'm sure someone else has encountered this issue before.
Appreciate 0