Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > m6 rep repair

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

m6 rep repair

Anybody had a m6 rep repaired?? I have a small rash on one of my front wheels. (about 1") . Has anyone had one of these wheels repaired? I am thinking of calling the person who repaired my wheels in the past but they were all painted wheels on my 06 TL. I am wondering if I should just order a new wheel since they are pretty cheap. I've got the Miros from **********s.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
panzer948
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (April 2015 ED)

Hi, I can't really help you with your question specifically, but I think those guys can repair about any wheel. Probably a quick call could answer that as they are probably familar with the brand/wheel.

Quick question for you. I was thinking of getting these same wheels for my 335 coupe. Are they heavy wheels? Say heavier than the stock 18" rims I'm running. I guess I don't want to lose a little performance, so would hope the new wheels would about be about the same weight or lighter.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

I really doubt you would actually feel any difference in performance IF they are heavier, I don't really know what the answer is. I'm sure someone could chime in on that. I would think that tire choice would play into that as well.
Appreciate 0