THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Aurally pleasing - Intake Sound Question

10-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Aurally pleasing - Intake Sound Question

I've tried to search here, on the 3/4 series side, but is there a major difference in sound, price/performance "gains" differences aside, between an intake like BMS which appears to be post intake-silencer and Agency Power/AFE which replace the silencer apparatus.

I tried good old Youtube but half the videos, even the manufacturers, sounded like they were filmed in a garage and the sound was washed out.

I'm looking for the loudest spool sound.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 03:56 AM   #2
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailySleeper View Post
I've tried to search here, on the 3/4 series side, but is there a major difference in sound, price/performance "gains" differences aside, between an intake like BMS which appears to be post intake-silencer and Agency Power/AFE which replace the silencer apparatus.

I tried good old Youtube but half the videos, even the manufacturers, sounded like they were filmed in a garage and the sound was washed out.

I'm looking for the loudest spool sound.
I’ve got an AP intake on my 340i and I?m glad I chose it over the BMS (ordered but ended up returning). The AP is at least twice as loud as the BMS, it?s actually louder in-cabin than my exhaust (AWE Tuning). Causes many people to turn their heads when I give it gas. Performance might not be different but it?s so worth it.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 1