E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Front door storegae compartment

09-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Front door storegae compartment

Hi All,

After searching the net high and low, I'm hoping someone has some tips on how I can remove the retractable storage compartment, on the front door panel picture below.

Thanks in advance

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
just guessing, no idea otherwise, are there any bolts/screws/etc in side that panel anywhere? or maybe look on the inner area where the door panel meets the body of the car? And there might be a "screw" inside that open area to the left of the panel as well. Or maybe even check underneath that panel. again, just guessing...sorry.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #3
Speed_Addict
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe

Try this... http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/3_se...n_door_pocket/

Lots of painters tape (could of layers going into the crack as well) around the door panel surrounding the pocket door so when you insert a pry tool (nylon or plastic bone tool recommended) you do not damage the door panel. I used a couple of these types of tools to slowly try it up / off evenly.

Now, I was only removing and replacing the damaged door cover in my instance so I did not try and remove the whole pocket door assembly...

Last edited by Speed_Addict; 09-11-2017 at 02:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 03:57 AM   #4
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Addict View Post
Try this... http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/3_se...n_door_pocket/

Lots of painters tape (could of layers going into the crack as well) around the door panel surrounding the pocket door so when you insert a pry tool (nylon or plastic bone tool recommended) you do not damage the door panel. I used a couple of these types of tools to slowly try it up / off evenly.

Now, I was only removing and replacing the damaged door cover in my instance so I did not try and remove the whole pocket door assembly...

This is what i needed, thanks for taking the time to post and reply with the details.
Appreciate 0