E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Cannot roll windows up with key ? Need help

09-10-2017, 01:49 AM   #1
Drsauce10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335xi

Cannot roll windows up with key ? Need help

Ok so I just found out you can roll your windows up and down using your key and I can roll my windows down holding the unlock button but when I hold the lock button they won't roll up im just wondering what the problem could be
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 04:17 AM   #2
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsauce10 View Post
Ok so I just found out you can roll your windows up and down using your key and I can roll my windows down holding the unlock button but when I hold the lock button they won't roll up im just wondering what the problem could be
That is standard for the US market. Pop the hard key out of the fob and lock and hold using the hard key in the lock and they will roll up.
If you have Carly for BMW you can code the function on in about a 2 minutes.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 04:28 AM   #3
Drsauce10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Quote:
That is standard for the US market. Pop the hard key out of the fob and lock and hold using the hard key in the lock and they will roll up.
Quote:
Quote:
Ik you can do it with your hard key I'm talkn about the key fob it let's me roll the windows down when I press n hold the unlock button but when I try to roll them back up by holding the lock button they want go up
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 05:42 AM   #4
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Which model are you talking about. This was not standard on the E9x, only down, if of you want up then you have to get someone to code it for you. I had it done on my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
Acornell77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

Just had the same issue. Thought it was a problem but seems BMW takes it as a saftry issue. You can code the vehicle to do so in about 5 minutes. I did with thr carly adapter and everything's working great.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #6
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ik you can do it with your hard key I'm talkn about the key fob it let's me roll the windows down when I press n hold the unlock button but when I try to roll them back up by holding the lock button they want go up
That is what I said.. Disabled for the US market. Easy to code back in though.
Read my post again..
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
I think you can code the car to have the windows roll up with the fob...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
Drsauce10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Which model are you talking about. This was not standard on the E9x, only down, if of you want up then you have to get someone to code it for you. I had it done on my car.
2011 bmw 335xi
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #9
Drsauce10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeminOnABudget View Post
Just had the same issue. Thought it was a problem but seems BMW takes it as a saftry issue. You can code the vehicle to do so in about 5 minutes. I did with thr carly adapter and everything's working great.
Can you explain how you did it or point me to a video because I'm planning on prlly getn the Carly adapter
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #10
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Can you explain how you did it or point me to a video because I'm planning on prlly getn the Carly adapter
In Carly just go into the lock module and change the settings. Really easy to navigate.

Oh and use the following discount code when you buy the adapter.

XGCGYT

This code can be entered on www.ivini-tech.de/en directly in the shopping cart.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
Drsauce10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In Carly just go into the lock module and change the settings. Really easy to navigate.

Oh and use the following discount code when you buy the adapter.

XGCGYT

This code can be entered on www.ivini-tech.de/en directly in the shopping cart.
I'm prlly not gonna get the Carly it's a lil pricey and heard it can only do simple coding , I need something we're I can get DVD in motion etc. any suggestion on how to code it with a coding software ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 12:24 AM   #12
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm prlly not gonna get the Carly it's a lil pricey and heard it can only do simple coding , I need something we're I can get DVD in motion etc. any suggestion on how to code it with a coding software ?
Carly does DVD in motion as well. I have NCSexpert and I still use Carly AND NCSexpert. Some things are easier in one or the other that is why I use both.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #13
Acornell77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

With the carly app you can code this and lots more in about 5 min. $60 for bt obd adapter and $60 for app/yr ... it does work great I've done several cars with mine. if you need assistance lmk I can certainly help
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #14
lab_rat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

Quote:
Quote:
Carly does DVD in motion as well. I have NCSexpert and I still use Carly AND NCSexpert. Some things are easier in one or the other that is why I use both.
+1

I have both, too, and it's great.

While yeah tool has its list of pros & cons...

At the end of the day, having both coding tools/OBD readers instead of just one or the other means you aren't as limited in your toolbox.

I like having the Carly in the glovebox at all times for convenience/quickness, but the laptop w/complete BMWtools suite for full setup and thoroughness.
Appreciate 0