E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New to the E90, not new to BMW. Questions!

09-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

New to the E90, not new to BMW. Questions!

Hey guys,

After 3 years of ownership I finally decided to let go of my 2006 Z4 M coupe as my daily driver. I loved that car to death, but as the mileage began to surpass 110k, it was starting to make no financial or practical sense to hold on to her.

The new daily is no slouch either though. This week I managed to pick up a 2011 (N55) 335i, AW on black leather, manual, all options except nav/premium. Pretty much the perfect non-M E90 in my book (except the color, but it's starting to grow on me). Im pretty stoked to be in a car that has a huge after market, as the M coupe was quite the opposite. I have already ordered a BMS intake, CDV delete, and a COBB V3 (oh, and a ZHP knob was purchased on day 1)

I have been working for BMW for about 3 years now, so I know the OEM side of their cars very well. What I do have questions about is in regards to the aftermarket. My favorite thing about the M coupe was the shifter throw and feel, though this was only after doing the CDV delete, ZHP knob, and RE trans mounts. The height and throw were perfect and my only complaint was the minor hesitation between 1>2 WOT shifts. I want to address the tremendously long throws of the E90 ASAP. I have been doing tons of searching, but I feel like no one has the same opinion on the same SSK.

Here is what im thinking so far:

1. BMS (ShiftTek)

2. BMW Perf. (I have not gotten a straight answer if these are designed for N55 cars)

3. UUC (I have read that this is VERY similar to the ShiftTek for twice the price.

Also, the is the BMS all metal shift linkage worth the $80? It says it "removes slop" but there is almost zero slop in my shifter while in gear.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!

Shifteck option is very popular and highly rated

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0