E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Service Bulletin: SI B33 04 09 -- DIY?

09-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
dspence44
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 328i 6MT

Service Bulletin: SI B33 04 09 -- DIY?

Good morning everyone!

I am hoping to tackle this 'rear-end clunk' issue before the snow flies and I am wondering if anyone is aware of a DIY or guide to get the job done? The issue I am talking about is the metallic clunk sound that you hear when you start rolling forwards/backwards. I guess according to this service bulletin (SI B33 04 09) this sound is caused by the lack of grease on the input flange mating surface with the input drive pinion within the rear differential.

Has anyone gone ahead and solved this issue before? I would love to hear about your experience if you have. I just want to be sure that this is something that is feasible before getting underneath the car. Anyone have any tips before I attempt to solve this issue?

I have attached the PDF Service Bulletin via the link below, for anyone who is unfamiliar with the problem that I am describing.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...UIF0Agnv1o-Iig