E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Chargepipe popping off

08-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #1
Shotputted
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i Le Mans Blue

Chargepipe popping off

Hi all I'm pretty frustrated wonder if anyone can help out. I bought my 2011 335i second hand and it already had an aftermarket chargepipe, I think BMS. The previous owner had a downpipe and JB4 and never had any issues with the chargepipe as far as I know. I got a downpipe installed and ran MHD stage 2 and had no problems for maybe 4 months. Then I got a 7" VRSF FMIC installed and had the chargepipe pop off the same day of the install. It popped off at the throttle body. I figured this was maybe an error on the shops part so I reinstalled it, no big deal. I then upped the tune to MHD 2+ and have been running that for about a month now with no issues. Really in love with the car.

Now yesterday I had the chargepipe pop off the throttle body again. I got to my destination and put it back on. Then it popped off again the first time I really got on the throttle. I checked and I apparently had the clip on backwards. So I flip it around give it a tug and everything feels secure.

Now this morning I had it pop off again the first time I got on the throttle. I did notice that I have to rotate the chargepipe downward a bit when getting it back on the throttle body. Could there have been a problem with the orientation of the connection to the new lower chargepipe from the FMIC install? Meaning that there is tension in the chargepipe making the clip connection less secure?

Thanks

Appreciate 0