E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Swap heated seats??

08-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Swap heated seats??

Hey guys I'm wondering if its possible to remove the equipment that makes a seat heated and install it on another seat and if there is a DIY for it anywhere. Thanks

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

I doubt you'd be able to remove the heating elements themselves, but if you're swapping the to/from the same color and style of seats (sport vs. non-sport) then you could just pull the leather covers (heating elements are attached to the backside of the leather). It more or less just clips on.

On the other hand though, if both sets of seats are the same style/color, it would probably be easier to just swap the entire seat assembly (it's only 4 bolts and a couple electrical connections). Make sure you unplug the battery first or you'll get an airbag light on your dash.
      09-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
I doubt you'd be able to remove the heating elements themselves, but if you're swapping the to/from the same color and style of seats (sport vs. non-sport) then you could just pull the leather covers (heating elements are attached to the backside of the leather). It more or less just clips on.

On the other hand though, if both sets of seats are the same style/color, it would probably be easier to just swap the entire seat assembly (it's only 4 bolts and a couple electrical connections). Make sure you unplug the battery first or you'll get an airbag light on your dash.
Ahh clever! Thanks for the tip

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0