E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Eonon question I can't seem to get almost anyone to respond to

08-16-2017, 02:18 AM   #1
Linx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Eonon question I can't seem to get almost anyone to respond to

I have a 09 335 and would like to change my head unit. Let me start off by saying the stock unit pretty much fits my needs except for the inability to stream music. I bought a Bluetooth dongle that I connected in my center console auxiliary port. But I get annoyed with always having to manually turn it on. I want to be able to start the car and it automatically connects and streams. So I was looking at the Eonon 7165s or 7165a. I believe it was JD who made a review video on the 7165 but not sure if the a or the s models are different. The biggest deal breaker for me is losing the factory string instrument sounding chime. I asked JD in another post regarding this and he confirmed you do lose the chime. Today on a BMW Facebook page someone mentioned they have a 7165s and they still have the factory chime. I wanted to confirm this but came up empty in my searching. I messaged Eonon with this question but the response was in extremely broken English and I'm still not clear. So can anyone confirm if the factory chime is retained with the A or S model and not the generic beeping that sounds like a JDM car.

Another question is regarding the OBD2 port. I also have a E46 with a Pioneer double din. Since I got the unit installed around a year ago I never tried reading my codes. About a week ago I tried plugging in my PA Soft only to get a message saying the hardware was not detected. Thinking my PA soft unit might have been damaged, I plugged in my E46 Carly adapter only to get the same result. Did some research on what might be the cause, the best explanation I've come across is that with aftermarket harnesses the K line is grounded which causes the OBD2 port to become inoperable to scan readers. I haven't got around to doing voltage tests yet so it's still up in the air.

My concern is I'm planning on doing an MHD tune in the near future. But I'm worried that an aftermarket stereo, namely Eonon, might give me problems with my OBD2 port. And I'd much rather have a tune on my car than a head unit.

So can anyone.... someone.... please confirm my questions. Sorry if this was a lot of rambling on. I just wanna treat my baby correctly. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 05:01 AM   #2
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Hi Linx,

I have a similar unit to the Eonon fitted and all factory chimes have been retained, personally i wouldn't go for the Eonon due to the lack of support and updates etc.

You may want to consider the joying or xtrons units as they have a better support functions in place, plus they issue regular updates.

With regards to the OBD2 port, sorry can offer any help there,
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There is the Dension gateway 500s bt if all you want is
streaming audio.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #4
Linx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ctuna does this have to be turned on everytime I get in the car? Do you have a link?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #5
Linx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ctuna I found it. But is this only for iPhone? I have Android and what I saw seems to refer to iphone
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 11:59 PM   #6
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

http://www.dension.com/automotive/pr...ateway-500s-bt

Talk to dension

Last edited by ctuna; 08-17-2017 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
The Nightman
Cometh
Rep
Drives: Boy's Soul

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
I bought a Bluetooth dongle that I connected in my center console auxiliary port. But I get annoyed with always having to manually turn it on. I want to be able to start the car and it automatically connects and streams.
Can't answer your questions about the Eonon but my BT dongle powers on and off automatically with the car. It's plugged into the USB port in the arm rest compartment for power.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundSy.../dp/B0176G5TRO
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #8
Linx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you. But my problem is I don't have a USB port. I only have the aux port
Appreciate 0