F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Reputable tire shop
Studio RSR

08-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #1
max2me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 428xi GC

Reputable tire shop

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a reputable tire shop in Seattle/Eastside to replace front tires on my 2015 428xi GC and alignment. I'd really love installation & alignment done by someone with good equipment and experience.

Who do you use on your car? Would you recommend them?

Thank you!
      08-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2me View Post
I'm looking for a reputable tire shop in Seattle/Eastside to replace front tires on my 2015 428xi GC and alignment. I'd really love installation & alignment done by someone with good equipment and experience.

Who do you use on your car? Would you recommend them?
I prefer to use a BMW indy (BMW Bellevue & BMW Seattle are too expensive IMO) for alignments. Problem is they aren't the cheapest to replace tires. I definitely (after a bad experience recently) won't recommend Firestone shops.
I've used Discount Tire quite a bit and they do a good job; not sure about alignments.

If it were me, I'd first go to Costco (or Discount) to get the tires replaced: they're often the least expensive option and don't charge excessive for install. But they only carry Bridgestone, Michelin and Goodrich. For some reason, they (and other retailers) say that you should get an alignment after replacing tires: that's bunk IMO, unless obvious uneven wear is observed. Do you have uneven wear?

If you need (!!!) an alignment, Strictly BMW near Bellevue BMW or Eastside Bavarian in Issaquah do excellent jobs and are reasonable for price.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
max2me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 428xi GC

Floydarogers,

Thank you!!!

Here is the reason why I'm looking for a shop:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1&goto=newpost

I'll call places you mentioned today.
Appreciate 0