BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding SLI and Navigation issues

08-12-2017, 02:26 AM   #1
Max1212
Rep
Drives: M550 G30

SLI and Navigation issues

I bought new BMW 550i about week ago, and I my dealer cant resolve some of my issues. Country - Kazakhstan

1. My car can't recognize road signs and speed limits. According to my local dealer - it's because no navigation maps is available for Kazakhstan. But I payed for Professional Navigation and Drivers Assistance Plus.
2. My car can't charge key and phone by wireless charging. Dealer said that it's because of Kazakhstan and it's disabled.
3. All firmware updates for my car can be made only via paid service (not free of charge). Car is new and with active warranty, logically correct is to keep car's firmware updated to get maximum pleasure from driving.
4. I forgot to order remote applications (sim and wifi). My dealer said it can't be ordered due to limitations for Kazakhstan.

Can someone confirm position of my local dealer and comment my questions? Looks like my dealer cheating me . SLI should work, because in our country it works with X5, X6, G12

Can some one share emails of global customer support?
Any help appriciated
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

re 2 you require enhanced bluetooth to wirelessly charge a phone. has your car got that?

re 3 I think dealers will generally only update the firmware if you have an issue. if its under warranty that would obviously not cost you.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 06:14 AM   #3
Max1212
Rep

re2 Yes, i have enhanced bluetooth (with audio streaming, screen miroring, pictures of contacts and etc).

Due to only one dealer for my country I cant find out where is the truth is ((
When writing to DE office, they are redirecting to Kazakhstan and all my letters lost.

Last edited by Max1212; 08-12-2017 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
w4termelon
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M sport 40d

Your dealer is an official BMW dealer or he just imports cars from other countries ?

My sis in law had similar problems with a X6 in Cambodia for similar reasons : no gps maps, etc.
You should have checked in the documentation if all the services and options you speced where availablr in your country..

Concerning firmware (for idrive system), you can download it yourself from BMW website and install it with an USB key, there is nothing related to your country..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
Max1212
Rep

Yes, we have only one BMW dealer and it's official. No issues for idrive for me - its working great. Even navigation maps is not a problem, our country is small and no need for nav.
But SLI will be very usefull
Appreciate 0