E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AD Engineering Review

08-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

AD Engineering Review

This is my review after dealing with Andy Divers on two different occasions one in 2016 and one current.

December 2015 I ordered a 1000hp intercooler. I was told 2-3 week turn around.
I asked if he could make 3 inch Inlet and outlet pipes.

I paid for it straight away and got confirmation he could make 3 inch inlet and outlet.
That reply was on the 31.12.2015
I sent several emails asking if it had been made yet and has it been shipped.
I did not receive a response back until the 30.01.2016.

I finally got a response that he's busy and it has been shipped.

I received the intercooler 2 weeks later which is normal shipping to Australia.
It wasn't made with 3 inch inlet and outlets like I asked.
That was the first purchase.

Next purchase was this year.
I snapped an axle at the drags and wanted a decent setup. Only strong setup is the 8.8 diff, DSS axles and the custom drive shaft he makes.
I PMd on a forum then called Andy the next day.
Was told a 3-4 week turnaround for the axles but had 2 diffs still available.
This was on 26.04.2017

I paid half on 27.04.2017
Paid in full 17.05.2017
Sent axles as cores 03.06.2017 (had trouble getting them out)

Andy sent an email saying he will ship them on the 9th June.
I requested if he could send tracking and asked it had shipped via email and by calling his workshop and leaving msgs.
07.07.2017 I got a reply saying sorry drive shaft shop made incorrect length. He said he would ship the diff and drive shaft straight away and get drive shaft shop to ship the axles straight to me.

After not recieving any email replies or getting back to after leaving msgs on his phone again I asked for a refund on the 25.07.2017
Then I got an email straight back saying he sent an email last week why would I want a refund, Andy sent me a draft but did not send it from a few days earlier, it stated that he would ship it on Tuesday written on the 17th July do I expected it all to ship the next day. I never received a tracking number or any response until.

02.08.2017 Andy sends an email saying "your 8.8 has shipped" and some else who I don't know will send me tracking.
Yet again I don't get a response or tracking.
This is after emailing a few times just asking if it was everything as it didn't mention what parts were sent. Saying "8.8 has shipped" isn't much information.
I called the workshop on Andys line and someone from Horsepower Barn answered and said Andy will be in tomorrow and he'll let him know I called. My msg was Its Brendan from Australia and I'm pissed off and I want my parts.

I made it clear in phone msgs and emails that I'm pissed off and I'm sick of excuses.
Still no response.

Basically Andy does not do what he promises.
He tells you your stuff has shipped then he does not reply to you. Longest wait was around 4 weeks. On average I have been waiting 2-3 weeks for any response. Then he just emails and says he will ship it today and you don't hear from him for weeks.

I paid Andy for this in full over 13 weeks ago. Even paid deposit earlier and asked how long it would take, quoted 3-4 weeks.
This cost around $7500au and my car has been sitting there waiting for this 8.8 diff, axles and driveshaft since then.

More importantly I have missed most of the drag racing season. There is 3 meets left, one tomorrow. Biggest car event in my town is next week. I really thought I would of had this kit much earlier and payed for a few events after Andy said he had shipped the kit. paid for a drag meet on June 30th as I was told the kit was shipped, which obviously it hadn't.
Ive also paid for an event next week as I purchased early bird rates as I never thought it would ever take this long.

I have purchased around 30-40k of parts for this car and have never dealt with someone like this. A blatant disregard had been shown over and over. He has been the worst person I have dealt with.

Highly recommend staying away. He wil reply frequently until you pay him then he doesn't care.
I'm yet to receive anything and have been waiting over 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
peterparker
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Andy isn't really popular on this forum. He's more known on n54tech.com

On another note, I did buy an intercooler from him. Took a few weeks to get made and shipped.I asked like a million questions and he responded quite promptly.

So idk, best of luck!
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

OP.
If you didn't get what you want the first time, why go back?

I would have never purchased another item from someone that stiffed me the first time.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
MysticRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
Yuck, sorry to hear, though you lost me at "...Next purchase...".

He screwed up the first order and in my mind that one time is the one and only chance anyone gets in my book. I don't do repeat business with companies and people that can't get things right the first time.

Hope you get your ride back up and running soon!
      08-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
joeybutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A dream

I'll add in my recent transaction.

I ordered a set of motor mounts about two weeks ago. After approximately three or four days I hadn't heard from ade so I sent an email through the site stating I would just like an update on the status of my order and if I would get a tracking number and all that.

I didn't receive a response to that but approximately four or fuve days after that received the confirmation of shipment. I received the mounts shortly thereafter.

I do find it odd that it took so long for something in stock to reach me in the amount of time it took. I do not like not receiving a confirmation immediately that my order has been placed, just as a confirmation that it had been received and processed. I especially do not like no communication after communication is sent. I believe communication is the most important aspect of business, i.e. Rob at RBTurbo has always responded for the last month in less than two hours to any email or call, and I believe it's at 35 contacts at this point.

Sorry OP, I have felt the frustrAtion with other vendors in my lifetime and it sucks and is stressful.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 04:48 PM   #6
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
OP.
If you didn't get what you want the first time, why go back?

I would have never purchased another item from someone that stiffed me the first time.
No one else makes a drivetrain strong enough.
He had diffs and drive shaft in stock.
He only had to get axles made and put the LSD in.
After calling him he said he could get it done in 3-4 weeks.

That's why I went back.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Sorry about that OP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #8
335igasm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

I ordered a few things from him as well with absurdly longer than acceptable shipping times, and communication is not there, but I also understand hes busy. However I do agree that communication is #1 in my book, and the most important imo.

Regardless, he still supports the community with badass products, sooo. . .

Facebook.com/SpoolnMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 01:52 AM   #9
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

There are customers waiting long times, for example over 12 months, 7 months and me at 4 months.
Many many others are waiting for products with no communication.

I've had some parts shipped but they were shipped to the wrong address.
Appreciate 0