THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics AL-Priority Radar Jammer and BlackVue DVR install

08-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
OverRev
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F22 M235i

AL-Priority Radar Jammer and BlackVue DVR install

Little write up about my install. First of all, I highly recommend AL-Priority laser jammer. I only used one laser head on my 2er because the car is so small, and i do not use any detector because the system automatically warns and jams incoming laser signals. For DVR, Blackvue and Thinkware are really the best on the market and i prefer Blackvue DR650 because of its small size and i have it on all my other vehicles, so i am used to the user interface.

First off, here is the laser jammer unit. It's the smallest, light-weight and easy to mount but it has to be installed horizontally and level to the ground. I made a little spacer out of ABS board so it sit flat on the bumper, next to my go-pro mount.

running the wires: just loom and follow the factory wires and there are couple nipples at a gourmet next to the brake fluid reservoir on the firewall. You can poke thru it with a flat-head screwdriver from the cabin side.

Image showing the wire going thru the gourmet from inside the cabin, i also had another cable coming in for my JB4. lucky there are 2 factory holes available there.

here is where i got my power for the system: This delayed+12V ignition from the cigarette lighter plug provides enough power for the jammer, and there is a programmable delay on it. mine is set to 10 mins

I also hided the main module there under the cup-holder, and have the LED installed to the cup-holder so the flashes would catch my attention.

all these panels just pop right out. first open the armrest, then pop the side trim up and pull backward, then lift up the shiftier boot so you can get a good grip on the center panel and again, up and backward. at last there are 2 screws hold the cup-holder down.

Here is where i mounted the Multi-saver power module for my DVR. It's upside down inside the glove box. With this i can use my DVR as security cams without worrying it draining my battery.

running the camera wires up the passenger side A-pillar, make sure you have the wires run under the airbag, not on top, and *don't zip-tie it to the airbag.
carefully take apart the rear mirror win-shield housing from the center-seam, and have the wires run behind it.

After all devices are tested and working, put all the panels back. Here is a fairly clean install that took me 2.5 hours. (oh I have rear cam too, not pictured)

Last edited by OverRev; 08-11-2017 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
ZPrime611.50
      08-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

I've been thinking about ALP so this is great stuff. Do you have a picture of the installed sensor on your bumper?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
OverRev
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
I've been thinking about ALP so this is great stuff. Do you have a picture of the installed sensor on your bumper?
photobucket doesn't work anymore, give me a min i'll upload some pix.

Last edited by OverRev; 08-11-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

That'd be great. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Is one head really enough? I know you haven't had it for long, but has it saved you?
      08-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #6
idc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i & 2015 i3 Rex

I have the same question as crabu2 Are you comfortable with just one laser head?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by idc View Post
I have the same question as crabu2 Are you comfortable with just one laser head?
I'm still scratching my head how it's going to work with one head. From my understanding, you need a minimum of 2, and 3 for DragonEye Lidar.
      09-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #8
OverRev
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I have 2 heads on my M3, but we don't have dragon eye here in Vancouver. Got this kit as a demo from my distributor for very good price and i was gonna install it to my bike, but well i changed my mind so put it on the 2er, so far it alerted one and yes i saw the cop with laser gun but i wasn't even speeding so it worked but haven't saved me from any trouble YET..
Appreciate 0