BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > XPEL Stealth with Ceramic coating?

08-07-2017, 02:20 AM   #1
deeechun
Private
Rep
Drives: MG M2

XPEL Stealth with Ceramic coating?

Hey guys!

Picking up my M2 in a couple of months and am going to be applying an XPEL Stealth wrap as soon as I pick it up. I have read and heard that it's difficult to maintain a matte/satin paint job so I was thinking about using a ceramic coating on the car, but a couple shops around my area didn't really hear of anybody ever coating a car after a satin wrap. I was wondering if anybody here has applied the coating on a satin wrap/knows of any pros/cons with applying the coating.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #2
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Xpel Stealth and Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeechun View Post
Hey guys!

Picking up my M2 in a couple of months and am going to be applying an XPEL Stealth wrap as soon as I pick it up. I have read and heard that it's difficult to maintain a matte/satin paint job so I was thinking about using a ceramic coating on the car, but a couple shops around my area didn't really hear of anybody ever coating a car after a satin wrap. I was wondering if anybody here has applied the coating on a satin wrap/knows of any pros/cons with applying the coating.

Thanks in advance!
I think the best option for a stealth wrapped cars is to coat it. We recently completed a large project with a BMW M3 Frozen Red. We wrapped the vehicle in Xpel Stealth to provide the same look and full protection and then coated it with Modesta BC-08. I can tell you that keeping it clean now is so easy. Drying the film is as easy as blowing it off. I would recommend coating the Xpel Stealth...I actually recommend coating regular Xpel as well.

Bruce
Appreciate 0