BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V3 with Ground Control camber plates

07-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
kkakonn
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

KW V3 with Ground Control camber plates

Just got my Kw V3's mounted and thought I'd share some brief feedback and thoughts about them.

First a little background. I've tried coilovers all over the spectrum on previous cars, from BC's all the way to custom valved JRZ RS pro's. I think the most important thing when selecting the right type of coilover is first asking yourself what your needs and plans are with the car. For my M2 I knew it was going to be primarily street driven with an occasional track day (3-4 times per year) I have a dedicated E46 M3 track car that is running JRZ RS pros and i knew that would be overkill for this car. All I wanted was to minimize the wheel gap and add camber plates so I can get a decent alignment done as well as have the option to run various aftermarket wheels. I decided on the KW V3's based on past cars that have had them and I'm glad I did. I would say compared to the stock suspension it is a bit stiffer and NVH has a slight increase due to the ground control camber plates. Its no wear near as clunky as a more hardcore coilover but enough to notice there is a little increase in NVH. I took a somewhat spirited drive home and you could immediately tell the car handled flatter compared to the stock suspension. I know it will be tough to tell until I get the car on the track and really put them to the test but for now they are serving their purpose.

Took some photos of the day down below. Trinity Autosport in Anaheim took care of the install and suspension setup for me as well as dialing in the alignment afterwards. Overall very happy with the purchase and my decision.

07-27-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
S1monQc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Looks nice! Do you mind sharing your center cap to fender distances and confirm if you notice any bottoming out on big highway bumps?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Love the AW + 513m combo - what tyres F&R ?

Looks like a lot of camber for predominantly road use though - what was set to ?

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
How are the bars used? To measure the height?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
kkakonn
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
Looks nice! Do you mind sharing your center cap to fender distances and confirm if you notice any bottoming out on big highway bumps?

Thanks!!
I'll try and grab that information for you sometime this weekend, car is in storage currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Love the AW + 513m combo - what tyres F&R ?

Looks like a lot of camber for predominantly road use though - what was set to ?
275/35 and 285/35. I believe its around -2.5 if they went with what I requested. Slightly overkill but i'm used to my track cars being around -3.5 or more. I don't drive the car enough for it to result in any crazy camber wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
How are the bars used? To measure the height?
I think its a smart string system used to measure and set toe.