XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
bmwguy58
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i

X6--Automatic??

I was looking at pictures of the X6 online earlier and realized that it had paddle shifters, does this mean the car isn't automatic and when im driving on a regular day basis I have to shift with them. Or is it that when you kick the car into Sport Mode then the paddle shifters become active and the rest of the time they are just there?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

if u get the sport package u get the paddle on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

… not exactly true 2045 – all X6 cars come with the paddle shifters… the sport package does not change that.

The tiptronic transmission can be driven in full automatic mode – partially manual mode – or full manual mode (where shifting is directed by the driver through the paddles on the steering wheel or by giving input to the console mounted ‘shifter’.

During my test drive, I liked driving the car in full automatic mode, but using the paddles to command a down-shift during deceleration. This uses the engine to help slow the car (and with part of the ‘efficient dynamics’, you are actually charging your battery)… this puts the transmission in manual mode temporarily. After a few seconds, the computer goes back to shifting itself… However, the paddles are always active.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
billysims
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
if u get the sport package u get the paddle on the steering wheel.
My salesman said the same thing but he is wrong; Morty is right, they all have the paddle shifters...
Appreciate 0