E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 330d recent turbo and now drinking oil

07-18-2017, 04:41 AM   #1
BimmerNiall
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

330d recent turbo and now drinking oil

Hi tried searching for similar thread but couldnt find any similar questions. Had my turbo blow on my 330d (130k, remapped, egr and dpf delete), the whole compressor side of turbo blew up. Garage replaced turbo with a recon one, oil feed, oil breather, intercooler, oil filter and new oil. Did 100 miles taking it not above 40 and then lastnight gave it a little more. Car has always gone well before and after turbo never noticed anything wrong with performance or sound

Checked my oil this morning and its below minimum. The garage put 7.5l in so cant be it settling as thats the full amount anyway. He did say he let it drain for a good hour before refilling but still put the right amount in (7.5). There is no oil leaks under the car or from the turbo. The exhaust is really really sooty but dosent smoke excessively and have not noticed any blue smoke either. No oil leaks from under the car and coolant looks clean. Hoping not piston rings?

Any ideas please thanks guys. If another thead similar sorry

Last edited by BimmerNiall; 07-18-2017 at 04:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNiall View Post
Hi tried searching for similar thread but couldnt find any similar questions. Had my turbo blow on my 330d (130k, remapped, egr and dpf delete), the whole compressor side of turbo blew up. Garage replaced turbo with a recon one, oil feed, oil breather, intercooler, oil filter and new oil. Did 100 miles taking it not above 40 and then lastnight gave it a little more. Car has always gone well before and after turbo never noticed anything wrong with performance or sound

Checked my oil this morning and its below minimum. The garage put 7.5l in so cant be it settling as thats the full amount anyway. He did say he let it drain for a good hour before refilling but still put the right amount in (7.5). There is no oil leaks under the car or from the turbo. The exhaust is really really sooty but dosent smoke excessively and have not noticed any blue smoke either. No oil leaks from under the car and coolant looks clean. Hoping not piston rings?

Any ideas please thanks guys. If another thead similar sorry
Might want to have the head gasket checked.
Appreciate 0