Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

M5 Servicing Costs - approved used

I'm looking at an approved used M5 this week end. It's done 50k miles and is a 2014 car so quite up on the miles but a BMW approved car at a main dealer. My question is what are the servicing cost likely to be (I do around 8k miles a year) and can you purchase a BMW service pack for approved used cars? I'd also be looking at an extended warranty outside of the standard 12 months given. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
MickAdams
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI M5 & Z4M Roadster

Well I can't say for sure because I've only had mine a couple of weeks, but I checked with a dealer when I started looking. Servicing is long life, around every 18k miles or 2 years, and alternates between inspection 1 and 2. They said roughly £400-700 depending on which service and any extras required. Brakes and tyres seem to be the biggest running cost after petrol, £1500-2000 for a full set of discs & pads, and £900-1000 for a set of tyres. So far, the computer is saying I'm getting around 18mpg, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

BTW: Do I recognise you from Jaginfo?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
Maximo1970
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

https://www.bmw-service.co.uk/

Check out this website, just enter your reg and mileage. If your lucky then you'll have the remainder of a service pack, I would have thought most M5's were bought with one. @ £999 for 60k miles or 5 years you'd be silly not to.

You'll also find the the book price for the servicing, so you know how much you're expected to pay outside of a service pack.

Personally I'd favour the BMW extended warranty as you know what your dealing with. Yes it's going to be a little more expensive, but at least you know your covered and unlikely to have to battle with them to payout.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
MickAdams
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI M5 & Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo1970 View Post
Personally I'd favour the BMW extended warranty as you know what your dealing with. Yes it's going to be a little more expensive, but at least you know your covered and unlikely to have to battle with them to payout.
That's what I'll be doing, I called for prices before buying my car and it seems pretty reasonable to me. The excess options bring the price down quite a bit too, almost £500 cheaper with a £250 excess, or £300 cheaper with a £100 excess.
Appreciate 0