BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > NVLD issue please help

05-24-2017, 03:38 AM   #1
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

NVLD issue please help

Do all BMW cars come with the NVLD module or just the US specs?

I have the P147D code on, after trying to install a DV+. Restored all the hardware to stock, the P147D is still on.

I have the European spec M2 and my guys cannot locate the NVLD module, anyone know where it is? Or if I should check other things?

Thank you,

David
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Hey there,
I took a look at some diagrams on realoem and it looks like the NVLD is equipped on some euro-spec cars, but depends on region. For example there is a diagram that shows korea only models, and it shows the nvld pressure switch. If your car has it, it will be attached to the charcoal canister and the fuel tank ventilation line. It will be near the right rear wheel underneath the car most likely. It may even be behind the fender liner by the fuel filler neck. Other models equipped with the NVLD have had service bulletins out to replace the nvld pressure switch, so they can go bad randomly. It's worth looking for, Good luck!

Last edited by RPIpower; 05-24-2017 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
Hey there,
I took a look at some diagrams on realoem and it looks like the NVLD is equipped on some euro-spec cars, but depends on region. For example there is a diagram that shows korea only models, and it shows the nvld pressure switch. If your car has it, it will be attached to the charcoal canister and the fuel tank ventilation line. It will be near the right rear wheel underneath the car most likely. It may even be behind the fender liner by the fuel filler neck. Other models equipped with the NVLD have had service bulletins out to replace the nvld pressure switch, so they can go bad randomly. It's worth looking for, Good luck!
Hi, thanks. So I guess the NVLD is not on every car that BMW makes... I really can't locate mine, guess it's not equipped with one...
Appreciate 0