E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bluetooth TX / MX update problem

05-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

Bluetooth TX / MX update problem

I am trying to work out how to update my Bluetooth software in my 2011 E90 with CIC and Pro Nav. I do not have the USB in the armrest (6FL) option, just USB in the glovebox which I have recently used for updating my Nav maps.
In my CIC main menu under settings, there used to be a software update option right at the bottom, which would take me into a menu showing my current version and the option to 'Update software' via teleservices. I used to try this update feature, but nothing would happen and eventually it would time out and give me the message "Error while loading the connection data!"

Under bluetooth configuration i can see that my current software verison is
TX-003.004.031-003.004

Going to the BMW website under bluetooth and entering my VIN, I am informed that I cannot download the update to the latest version as I do not have the USB audio port under the armrest, however I can update it via the BMW Teleservices. It looks like the most up to date version for my car is TX-003.005.008-003.004

I thought perhaps I need to create a ConnectedDrive account and link it to my car in order for the Teleservice to work properly, but after doing this, and linking my car up to connected drive, under the ConnectedDrive menu when checkign for available services, Teleservices and battery monitor have now dissappeared, as has the 'software update' option under vehicle settings?!

Has anyone successfully updated over Teleservice, or had similar problems and figured out how to update? Wondering if the old menu items for software update and teleservcices/battery monitor were remnants form the previous owners subscription and they have now dissappeared after linking to the car to my own account? If that's the case, how do i get teleservices back to try and download the bluetooth software update?
Appreciate 0